• 138(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
vbat99 is there a switch for mc_com.exe to search for missing TV screenshots and then download them?
No there isn't. Command line is only for scraping or exporting....

It might be possible to add, so I'll add it to the feature request on the to do list
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hey Vbat
Just wanted to say thank you for the great support offered here.
Much appreciated
Ztrust
Information 
I have it set up to rename folder and file with %T (%Y) which saves me soooo much menial work. But I like to know at a glance who directed it. Could someone add the ability to add the director's name as a tag? Seems like it shouldn't be any different than pulling name and year.

Also it downloads infinite actor thumbs. I have "Movie Filters" actors set at 20 but IDK what that controls. I read a post somewhere that did this but the method it used was no longer present. Is there a way to limit this?

Anyway these are just little issues. The actors thumbs collectively weigh only about 1MB max. This program is totally awesome if a little confusing.
(2015-02-20, 19:52)bramblyBush Wrote: I have it set up to rename folder and file with %T (%Y) which saves me soooo much menial work. But I like to know at a glance who directed it. Could someone add the ability to add the director's name as a tag? Seems like it shouldn't be any different than pulling name and year.

Also it downloads infinite actor thumbs. I have "Movie Filters" actors set at 20 but IDK what that controls. I read a post somewhere that did this but the method it used was no longer present. Is there a way to limit this?

Anyway these are just little issues. The actors thumbs collectively weigh only about 1MB max. This program is totally awesome if a little confusing.

Don't think we'll be adding the director to the movie renaming function, as for one example, what happens if you have multiple directors for a Movie?

As for setting the limit on amount of actor's downloaded, this is in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, and your looking to set the IMDB Scraper Limit -> Maximum number of Actors.
I know it says IMDB Scraper limit, but this is actually a global setting for Movies.
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-02-20, 21:38)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-02-20, 19:52)bramblyBush Wrote: I have it set up to rename folder and file with %T (%Y) which saves me soooo much menial work. But I like to know at a glance who directed it. Could someone add the ability to add the director's name as a tag? Seems like it shouldn't be any different than pulling name and year.

Don't think we'll be adding the director to the movie renaming function, as for one example, what happens if you have multiple directors for a Movie?

As for setting the limit on amount of actor's downloaded, this is in Movie Preferences -> Scraper tab, and your looking to set the IMDB Scraper Limit -> Maximum number of Actors.
I know it says IMDB Scraper limit, but this is actually a global setting for Movies.

Good point, wouldn't want five names at the end of a file. I guess you could limit it to 1 or 2 but it's probably not really worth messing with. Thanks for the pointer, don't know how I missed that.
seem to be having a problem in the movies tab. it's showing two of most of the files(seems to be any that have .nfo files) and if i try clicking rebuild nfo's it crashes with
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at Media_Companion.Movies.FindCachedMovie(String fullpathandfilename)
at Media_Companion.Movie.set_Rescrape(Boolean value)
at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
Nfo created by Media Companion? Are there duplicate nfo's with the movies? Have you tried a clean Media Companion?

Clean Media Companion by closing MC, and renaming the Settings folder to something like Settings2.
MC will rebuild the this folder, then just set up the basics for your movies, add the folders and try again.
Media Companion Dev.
ran a clean copy of it(only copied over my filename and foldername things. and now there is a second nfo called movie.nfo and (filename).nfo
closed that got rid of all the movie.nfo ones opened my initial copy and get

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Media_Companion.Movie.get_Director()
at Media_Companion.Movie.UpdateDirectorCacheFromEmpty()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildMoviePeopleCaches()
at Media_Companion.Movies.RebuildCaches()

at startup each time but it seems to be only showing one again but nolonger shows anything in any of the fields(including banners and such) and when i click refresh i get that same error that pops up at startup

so it seems to be something in the settings for movies. but i have just about every setting changed and would rather not spend a large portion of time changing settings again(keep having to each time an update comes out.)

to note the tv shows part is still working just fine.
Sending you a PM with link to a test build.
Media Companion Dev.
Hey vbat
when will next update come out ?
You itching for a new release? or some of the Bug Fixes?
Media Companion Dev.
How do I scrape all my movies again just to get the Trailers?
Use the batch wizard under movies
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-02-26, 23:28)vbat99 Wrote: You itching for a new release? or some of the Bug Fixes?
I am waiting (almost) patiently for some of the fixes
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10