• 141(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
In wanting to use the "batch rescrapper wizard", I mistakenly updated the plot of part of my tv shows (I stopped the program when I became aware of language issues). It affected several TV shows including: X-files, Youth literature, the garden of sinners or Avatar (animation).

I thought it was this batch tool that was the cause of everything, but when I right click on a series, and I selected "rescrap this show", it does not work better.
(2015-03-09, 19:06)Levi59 Wrote: In wanting to use the "batch rescrapper wizard", I mistakenly updated the plot of part of my tv shows (I stopped the program when I became aware of language issues). It affected several TV shows including: X-files, Youth literature, the garden of sinners or Avatar (animation).

I thought it was this batch tool that was the cause of everything, but when I right click on a series, and I selected "rescrap this show", it does not work better.

Can you do a test and delete the tvshow.nfo for one of these series, and remove it from Media Companion. Then add the folder back to Media Companion and let it scrape from new.

Scraping from new and rescrape wizard use different routines. The latter actually download's the series xml file from TVDB and uses this to populate the rescrape fields. I can't be certain of the "rescrape this show" routine.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
one of the show was back but there was some error with multipart episodes (some doesn't appear, other are in double : S01E02... , S01E02... , S01E04, S01E04...) and with some episode (one special episode of space symphony maetel don't appear in the list but an nfo was created with only mediainfo tags)

I have wanted to force the language so i have edited tvdb.xml and replaced "$INFO[language]" by "fr". I have choose "rescrap this episode and get this error :

As you can see, it use an "en" url...

I will test with a clean install. I must only remove media compagnon directory or there is another data folder?
Sorry, been busy

But that error gives me a good focus point.

As for clean install, all data in in the media companion folder. No other locations
Media Companion Dev.
anyone having display issues on V3.6.1.5 ... text is bundle up and things are cut off... just wondering if its my screen res causing the issue... on a 4k screen
same thing with clean install, no scrap for some episodes or scrap in english.
(2015-03-10, 09:19)clayboy Wrote: anyone having display issues on V3.6.1.5 ... text is bundle up and things are cut off... just wondering if its my screen res causing the issue... on a 4k screen

Very probable that your High Res and DPI are causing Media Companion to not display correctly. Sorry. MC isn't designed for higher DPI. he he, it was originally developed for Windows 98.

(2015-03-10, 09:43)Levi59 Wrote: same thing with clean install, no scrap for some episodes or scrap in English.

Really sorry, but it's been impossible to get time on my computer to sort this out.

But please know, I will get onto this in the next day or two.
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-03-10, 10:10)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 09:43)Levi59 Wrote: same thing with clean install, no scrap for some episodes or scrap in English.

Really sorry, but it's been impossible to get time on my computer to sort this out.

no problem Wink
(2015-03-10, 00:54)Levi59 Wrote: one of the show was back but there was some error with multipart episodes (some doesn't appear, other are in double : S01E02... , S01E02... , S01E04, S01E04...) and with some episode (one special episode of space symphony maetel don't appear in the list but an nfo was created with only mediainfo tags)

I have wanted to force the language so i have edited tvdb.xml and replaced "$INFO[language]" by "fr". I have choose "rescrap this episode and get this error :

As you can see, it use an "en" url...

I will test with a clean install. I must only remove media compagnon directory or there is another data folder?
Noticed in the image you attached, that the error was caused by a missing TVDB ID. See between words series and default, are two //. The TVDB ID should be in-between these. This is the cause of you receiving that error. Probably from modifying the tvdb.xml file with an improper editor (a lot of text editor's do not save xml files without addition of illegal characters).

(2015-03-10, 14:44)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-03-10, 10:10)vbat99 Wrote:

no problem Wink

So, I have been tramping through the code for scraping and rescraping Tv Show's, and found one big oops, and one minor oops.
Big Oops is that scraping a new Tv Show is only done through Media Companion's TVDB scraper. XBMC TVDB scraper is ignored. Why?? No Idea. Will be looking at adding it back.
Funny thing is, if you r-click the show and select Rescrape TvShow then the routine will use MC or XBMC TVDB scraper. Huh! Someone did a half-arse job here.

Minor Oops, is the XBMC TVDB scraper language is ignored. Now this one I have put a fix in place, so it'll be sorted for the next release for sure.

My findings. Can't get it to fault. And here's what I did. Selected the show Elementary for my testing. Initial scrape in English. All episodes scraped in english. (nine episodes in Season 1 and in season 2, 18 Episodes total)
Deleted all nfo's, removed Elementary from Folder list.
Changed MC's scraper to Francais, and added Elementary. Show scraped in French. Scraped all episode. All episodes in French.

My test with XBMC TVDB scraper was pointless as the scraper was not in the code anymore, but I did fix the language. - Remember, XBMC TVDB code is not in the Initial scrape Tv Show currently, but it is still used in Episode scraper, Tv Show Rescraper, Batch Rescraper.

So. As the XBMC TVDB scraper language was ignored. This may have contributed to your plot changing from French to english, but in my quick testing, I can't get that to validate.

You will need to check the Tv Show's nfo for the following entry
Code:
<language>fr</language>
fr for French. If this is english, I recommend the following.

In Media Companion, select the Tv Show.
Go to Tv Show Selector tab, and select the Tv Show again. But, in the right side of this tab, Select Francais as your language for this show, then click the Scrape Show with Selected Options button
Media Companion Dev.
Oh, and do a lot of Refresh All or r-click and Refresh this Show from nfo
Media Companion Dev.
Question 
When I am trying to play a movie from the main browser of movies it says cannot create playlist. but it works well to play any episodes in tv shows main browser and vlc player (i.e default player for mkv) opens up.

I guess something i am missing somewhere. Kindly help.
(2015-03-20, 08:19)john8546 Wrote: When I am trying to play a movie from the main browser of movies it says cannot create playlist. but it works well to play any episodes in tv shows main browser and vlc player (i.e default player for mkv) opens up.

I guess something i am missing somewhere. Kindly help.

Gidday john8546

Apologies, I altered this routine in the last release to fix a different issue, and goofed up the logic a bit. There is a Fix in place for the next release, which I hope to get out this weekend.
Media Companion Dev.
Is there a way for me to edit MC to add country filter or is it impossible without the sources?

I really need to check each of the tag to find all the errors who might have remained in the nfo like misspelling or trad.
It's really easy for genre or sets because i have an overview of all the tag and i can go to the wrong one in one click. Same for the empty tag.
(2015-03-26, 09:33)Levi59 Wrote: Is there a way for me to edit MC to add country filter or is it impossible without the sources?

I really need to check each of the tag to find all the errors who might have remained in the nfo like misspelling or trad.
It's really easy for genre or sets because i have an overview of all the tag and i can go to the wrong one in one click. Same for the empty tag.

As XBMC supports Genre's and multiple Genre's, but does not support the Country Tag, it would be a mission to add this to MC.

Not impossible, but a fair bit of work.

Drop me a PM outlining exactly what you'd like to see, and I'll give it some serious thought.

Currently working on a new function for Movies, so if I can figure a way for your request to work, it wouldn't be in the next release, but the following. Still, need to know exactly what your after.

Cheers.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.616b

Special Note:
Underlying code has been put in place for Movie Set artwork. This may cause error's in Media Companion, where updates to Movie Set code have been missed.

Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.616b

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
  • 141(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10