• 155(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
hey Rob

me again

do genres.txt in settings folder not work any more for a while now I cant get em to show
If you change collection name then fanart.tv refuses to save artwork but the other scraper have no problem
(2015-08-02, 05:13)ztrust Wrote: hey Rob

me again

do genres.txt in settings folder not work any more for a while now I cant get em to show
If you change collection name then fanart.tv refuses to save artwork but the other scraper have no problem

Will look into both of these issues. Haven't touched any code to do with genres.txt, but I can guess what is happening with fanart.tv.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Gidday all.

I have been working on a 64 bit version of Media Companion, ironing out kinks, getting x64 versions of 3rd party helper dll's.

I would appreciate it if some users interested in this would give me feedback on how or if this version is working for them.

Here's the link to this test build.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks for this don't know if the ringed button is meant to say play also when i press it a dialogue box pops up but it's to quick to see if and what it says but the button doesn't seem to do anything?
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Hey Wints! I downloaded the preview and have the Play button showing. Not sure what's going on.

Dont know if it matters, but I'm on Windows 10 x64, Intel i7-2600 3.4GHz 8GB RAM
So far, seems okay for me, Rob. I don't have the problem that Wints has with the play button. Displays and works as it's supposed to. Have you thought anymore about changing the extrafanart naming scheme for TV? As we're pretty much forced to use AD the naming is different. Where is the extrafanart scraped from? When I look at the images, some are duplicates and some are new/different and the sizes are also different. Just wondering. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2015-08-08, 10:14)wints Wrote: Thanks for this don't know if the ringed button is meant to say play also when i press it a dialogue box pops up but it's to quick to see if and what it says but the button doesn't seem to do anything?

Play button is working for me on this x64 version.

Does the Play button work on the standard Media Companion version for you?
Do you have a custom Media Player selected? or using Windows default player?
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-08-08, 19:01)bobrap Wrote: So far, seems okay for me, Rob. I don't have the problem that Wints has with the play button. Displays and works as it's supposed to. Have you thought anymore about changing the extrafanart naming scheme for TV? As we're pretty much forced to use AD the naming is different. Where is the extrafanart scraped from? When I look at the images, some are duplicates and some are new/different and the sizes are also different. Just wondering. Smile

Thanks for the reminder on the ExtraFanart naming.

I need to look at how/what naming AD uses. I believe it's the naming of the images on TVDB, but will have to refresh myself on this.

As for what artwork is saved. MC usually grabs the first image. The ExtraFanart code is set to grab from the 2nd image onwards till it either hits the limit you have set, or no more artwork is available.
There can be duplicate images uploaded on TVDb site, so it is possible to get similar images saved as extrafanart.

Not sure of the sizes, again will look at the code for this section.
Media Companion Dev.
What I was getting at about the sizes and duplicates is MC downloads extrafanart as fanart1, AD as xyz123. The images are the same, but the sizes are different. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks.
(2015-08-08, 23:39)bobrap Wrote: What I was getting at about the sizes and duplicates is MC downloads extrafanart as fanart1, AD as xyz123. The images are the same, but the sizes are different. Hope I'm making sense. Thanks.

Problem I'm having is trying to figure out how AD is getting the filename ie: xyz123, and also from where.
I'm trying to disect the AD addon now to figure all this out. It's almost like a CRC, but that is a constant filename length, and AD saves with varying filename lengths.

Hunting this down....
Media Companion Dev.
I know you understand that my xyz123 was just an example. Tongue Seems for TV they are all numeric ex: 931703.jpg and movies ataU9qIoV196F5iPIdYjAqr007B.jpg
(2015-08-09, 01:28)bobrap Wrote: I know you understand that my xyz123 was just an example. Tongue Seems for TV they are all numeric ex: 931703.jpg and movies ataU9qIoV196F5iPIdYjAqr007B.jpg

Right. Found and fixed extrafanart naming for TV series. Issue was MC didn't store the image ID. It will do now, and use that ID for filename. This is what AD does.

Will have a look at movie extrafanart a bit later.
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-08-09, 01:47)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-08-09, 01:28)bobrap Wrote: I know you understand that my xyz123 was just an example. Tongue Seems for TV they are all numeric ex: 931703.jpg and movies ataU9qIoV196F5iPIdYjAqr007B.jpg

Right. Found and fixed extrafanart naming for TV series. Issue was MC didn't store the image ID. It will do now, and use that ID for filename. This is what AD does.

Will have a look at movie extrafanart a bit later.

Had another look and Movie extrafanart is named correctly for AD. So that must all be fixed now...
Media Companion Dev.
Great, thanks.
(2015-08-08, 22:49)vbat99 Wrote: Play button is working for me on this x64 version.

Does the Play button work on the standard Media Companion version for you?
Do you have a custom Media Player selected? or using Windows default player?

Yeah I have a custom media player selected forgot about that and the fact I updated the media player the other day and forgot to change it it MC3 opps sorry all working now cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

• 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10