• 165(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2015-08-30, 05:26)marhutchy Wrote: Great update!

Marking series and episodes as watched is fixed! Smile

I try...Big Grin
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
New Release.

Media Companion 3.628b & MC3.628b x64

Special note: 2nd QuickFix release for issue with tv episode renaming where wrong ShowTitle was saved to episode filename....plus couple of other fixes.

Plenty of new features, fixes and improvements.
First up. Checkedlistboxes on all Root movie folders. TV, Movies and Home Movies.

1. For TV Root folders, if unselected, Series from chosen root folder are removed from *List of Series Folders.*
On any checked TV Root folder, user can right-click and select to add from chosen root folder.

2. Tv Series status on browser tab. Also two new TV filters to show *Ended* or *Continuing* series.
For this to work properly, *Users MUST run Batch rescrape Wizard* Selecting
Premiered & Series Status
And finally, do a Refresh All
(Premiered is required to fill a data field that MC has been missing for I don't know how long...)
I look forward to hearing users thoughts and experiences.

3. Users wanting to know if they're running 32 or 64 bit builds, look at the Title bar of Media Companion. At the end of the Version number, you'll see 32bit or 64 bit. Also, added Help->About, listing past developers and build type.

4. Movies also gets new features.
a. Studio Filter.
b. If using XBMC TMDb scraper, users can now choose to download AKA titles from IMDB.

So, Hope this fills some more blanks for users.

As Always, post up discussion or Issues, and you'll get some sort of an answer.

New:
  • Media Companion x86 build and x64 build.
  • 3.628b - Movie - MultiSelect Genre Listbox support.
  • 3.627b - TV - Improve series status filtering by only displaying matching series. Coloured treeview background to inform users they're running a filtered list. Update mc_com to load & save tv cache with new hidden tag.*

Fixed:
  • 3.628b - TV - Episode Renaming with correct Showtitle in episode title!
  • 3.627b - TV Episode Renaming fix show title in episode rename option.*
  • 3.627b - TV - When marking episodes as watched, save all data back to nfo.*
  • 3.627b - Movies - Certificate mappings - Add missing entries

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC x86 3.628b & MC x64 3.628b

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Another great release, Rob. Any chance of getting the watched/unwatched filters to work like ended/continuing? Did the folder check boxes ever work using the space bar to select them or am I confusing this with a different program? Again, thanks for your hard work!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I can check into watched/unwatched and see if i can make it work like series status.

As for root folder checkboxes, didnt think about spacebar. Will see what can be done.
Media Companion Dev.
OK, thanks. I thought it already did that. Like I said, must be confusing it with another program. Just makes it easier than using a mouse to check/uncheck folders when you have a bunch.
(2015-09-02, 03:05)bobrap Wrote: OK, thanks. I thought it already did that. Like I said, must be confusing it with another program. Just makes it easier than using a mouse to check/uncheck folders when you have a bunch.

Well, I managed to add toggling of the CheckedListBox by spacebar.

But, ain't no way to get watched/unwatched to filter the same as Series Status.
Difference is we hide the complete series from the tvtreeview depending on series status, so that removes the series, seasons and episodes.

For Watched/UnWatched, we'd need to reverse that order. Remove episode, then season, then series, and the code isn't playing ball. I'd really need to hack the code to pieces to get it running, and that will break things (it did in my quick testing).

For now, I'd like to leave this alone. There's some other sections of code that I need to work on/complete. But I will add to feature request on Codeplex.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks for considering it. Would sorting the list by watched/unwatched be an option?
(2015-09-02, 04:06)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for considering it. Would sorting the list by watched/unwatched be an option?

Nope, I wish it was that easy. I'll give it some thought.
Media Companion Dev.
Not to worry. Don't waste your time on it. Was just a thought anyway. Smile
This is puzzling me. You know in Kodi where we're able to link a movie to series because they're related?
Can this be done in the movie's .nfo file and then be reflected in Kodi when it's scraped?
I don't know if it's possible, but it just occurred to me. Like what tag would provide that information so Kodi understands?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-09-02, 22:06)marhutchy Wrote: This is puzzling me. You know in Kodi where we're able to link a movie to series because they're related?
Can this be done in the movie's .nfo file and then be reflected in Kodi when it's scraped?
I don't know if it's possible, but it just occurred to me. Like what tag would provide that information so Kodi understands?

I was going to say No!, but just done some testing and there is a Tag that XBMC/Kodi reads for linking a movie to a TV Series.
Code:
<showlink>Elementary</showlink>

This works, as I just tested, but it could be problematic on how XBMC/Kodi stores the TV Series title. I'd need to test more with series like
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Then there's the issue of where/how to instigate this in Media Companion. It would be neat to get this info from TVDB, but again, is this available? And series titling.

Darn it. More quick testing. We can use the Show Title from the series nfo, and save that to <showlink> in the movie's nfo. That works.
Still, need to figure out where to build this in MC.

I'm feeling that the Alternative Editor is the best place. The main Movie Browser tag is getting very congested, and would be impossible to find a gap to display this.
Media Companion Dev.
(2015-09-02, 23:00)vbat99 Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 22:06)marhutchy Wrote: This is puzzling me. You know in Kodi where we're able to link a movie to series because they're related?

I was going to say No!, but just done some testing and there is a Tag that XBMC/Kodi reads for linking a movie to a TV Series.
Code:

This works, as I just tested, but it could be problematic on how XBMC/Kodi stores the TV Series title. I'd need to test more with series like
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Then there's the issue of where/how to instigate this in Media Companion. It would be neat to get this info from TVDB, but again, is this available? And series titling.

Darn it. More quick testing. We can use the Show Title from the series nfo, and save that to <showlink> in the movie's nfo. That works.
Still, need to figure out where to build this in MC.

I'm feeling that the Alternative Editor is the best place. The main Movie Browser tag is getting very congested, and would be impossible to find a gap to display this.

I see.
You've really thought about it Smile

I don't think this info is available at TVDB. However TMDB and IMDb both have info that comes close to giving us the info.
On TMDB, under Movie Facts, there is the Part of the tag. For example, for the Stargate movie, it's Part of the Stargate SG-1 Collection.

On IMDb, the Connections gives us the Followed by tag. Same movie, we get the Followed by: Stargate SG-1: Children of the Gods (1997) (TV Episode), which is Stargate SG-1's pilot episode.

So, probably while scraping the movie, get the related info. In the case of scraping the related info from IMDb, you would definitely have to do some splitting of the string and then search for series. Just a thought Smile
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Thanks for the info. Should be doable from IMDb.
Tmdb, need to see if that's part of the data they give to us.
if it is, then might be able to mod xbmc tmdb scraper also.

Will do some investigating.
Media Companion Dev.
Well, after searching and following links, this isn't going to eventuate.

The data from TMDB and IMDB, isn't reliable enough to simply link to a Tv Series.
While it may work for one movie, ie your example Stargate, it doesn't work for other movies.
The Transporter for example. TMDB does not link this to Transporter: The Series. Neither does IMDB without first listing the other movies in this collection.

Another example would be Blue Thunder movie, and then Blue Thunder TV Series. There's no linking data on TMDB (there is on IMDB)

To make it part of the scrape data, it needs to be solid and reliable.
Media Companion Dev.
That's true. Okay.

So the tag
Code:
Can this still be implemented in MC so we can link them manually?
I mean, when we select the dropdown we would get a list of all our series currently cached in MC, and we link them ourself.
Kodi 18.3
  • 165(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10