• 215(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
I've just re-scraped my entire movie collection (~900 movies), for some reason I was missing several poster files before. When finished the majority of the posters downloaded are terrible, either bad quality, wrong language, or wrong size. I am using the default MC settings, the only change I have made is to say I store movies in their own directory.

Is there some settings I need to look at?
(2016-05-03, 10:34)dave77 Wrote: I've just re-scraped my entire movie collection (~900 movies), for some reason I was missing several poster files before. When finished the majority of the posters downloaded are terrible, either bad quality, wrong language, or wrong size. I am using the default MC settings, the only change I have made is to say I store movies in their own directory.

Apart from the preview of movie posters on the Poster tab, nothing has changed in how MC gets the posters.
By default MC get in this order.
Selected language, if not available then
English, if not available then
first poster that is available.

For sizing, check Preferences -> General & Common -> Common Settings tab.
check the Image Resizing options are correct.
Actor = 768
Poster =1080
Fanart = FHD (1920x1080)

These are the defaults, and if the image is larger than what is set, it is down-sized.
No image is upsized if it is smaller than these settings.

If you can identify any movies than consistently gets a crappy poster, please let me know, and I will check what is going on.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
pitty it is full of mallware but looks handy

My anti virus keeps warning me, so you can see in the picture. Is there an other source to download it from ?
No i will not turn off my anti virus for a short moment.
That's a false positive due to 7 zip way of making a self extracting file.

I, and others can guarantee this is clean.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-05-03, 21:30)vbat99 Wrote: That's a false positive due to 7 zip way of making a self extracting file.

Well i used another computer to download and install it without a anti virus program.

It looks amazingly handy, Why do you not use another type of compression, so there would not be a false positive the next time :-)
(2016-05-03, 19:49)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 10:34)dave77 Wrote: I've just re-scraped my entire movie collection (~900 movies), for some reason I was missing several poster files before. When finished the majority of the posters downloaded are terrible, either bad quality, wrong language, or wrong size. I am using the default MC settings, the only change I have made is to say I store movies in their own directory.

Apart from the preview of movie posters on the Poster tab, nothing has changed in how MC gets the posters.

Thanks for that, I'm not sure what the issue was. I switched to Ember and re-scraped and it pulled back 100% perfect posters and fanart
hye every one, bajwa i think you are using jwplayer and jwplayer is not support .m3u8 stream file, if you want to play .m3u8 stream file then you can use your own swf javascript file, you just upload this file in your media, then in you embed you use http://yoursitename/filename.swf.
or more info you can visit Ecouter Radio En Direct and FM Radio Online
(2016-05-04, 09:57)jinux Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 21:30)vbat99 Wrote: That's a false positive due to 7 zip way of making a self extracting file.

Well i used another computer to download and install it without a anti virus program.

It looks amazingly handy, Why do you not use another type of compression, so there would not be a false positive the next time :-)

Honestly, I've looked and tested a few. 7-zip compresses smaller than any other, by almost 1.5MB, meaning a smaller download, and importantly, a smaller upload file.

It all has to do with Avast Heuristic engine, and i have complained to them, uploaded sample files, but never heard anything back.

Edit: Seems some playing around with the compression options in 7-zip, and finally Avast has stopped complaining.
Looks like I may have to test the files against Avast before uploading them.

Next release probably.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-05-04, 09:57)dave77 Wrote:
(2016-05-03, 19:49)vbat99 Wrote:

Thanks for that, I'm not sure what the issue was. I switched to Ember and re-scraped and it pulled back 100% perfect posters and fanart

Have just tested with Media Companion, and am getting very good poster and fanart.
Fanart is 1920x1080, Posters are 720x1080. As per the settings in Media Companion.

I'd sure like to ensure the best posters are being retrieved from TMDb, so if you are able to PM me your config.xml file, It may point to what is going wrong.
Media Companion Dev.
New Release.

Media Companion 3.651b
One new feature that has been asked for. Keep the Status bar permanent.
The option is in General Preferences. By default the Status bar auto-hides after an action has completed. Users can un-select to allow the Status Bar to remain visible.

New:
  • MC - Add option AutoHide status bar. Set by default.

Fixed:
  • TV - Fix Refresh All for TV Shows that do not contain <year>.
  • TV - Fix TV Show rescrape using XBMC TVDb scraper.
  • Movie - Fanart Scrolling while images load, do not lock to 1st image.
  • Movie - Correctly Fix Tags displayed after editing on Tags tab.
  • Movie - Fix Batch Rescraping TMDB Set names, and Batch Rescraping Movie Set artwork.
  • Movie - Fix keeping cached MovieSet info on scraping new Movie to a Set.
  • MC - Correct downsizing poster or fanart via context menu.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site

Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.651b x86 & MC 3.651b x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks for the fixes! Now no more crashes/errors during rescraping movie set name and artwork, and most movie sets display a correct total number.
Remaining issues are:
- Some valid sets still show "unknown" for total number (e.g. Lion King Collection, Ghost in the Shell Collection)
- No way to update outdated set info that have been removed/changed from TMDB site. Looks like they have changed many "collection"s to "list"s. All these removed sets show "unknown".
(2016-05-06, 10:55)tars Wrote: Thanks for the fixes! Now no more crashes/errors during rescraping movie set name and artwork, and most movie sets display a correct total number.
Remaining issues are:
- Some valid sets still show "unknown" for total number (e.g. Lion King Collection, Ghost in the Shell Collection)
- No way to update outdated set info that have been removed/changed from TMDB site. Looks like they have changed many "collection"s to "list"s. All these removed sets show "unknown".

To fix Unknown totals, run Movie Set ID Check.
When complete, refresh all movies.

As for outdated sets. This will have to be up to the user.
As mentioned in my PM, what one person thinks is outdated, is another's custom set, or in another example, they want to keep all movies in one set, IE:
Star Trek Collection (including next generation and reboots)

If we automate this, there will be more users annoyed with their sets changing, and I would get no thanks.

If you can come up with a viable option to keep everyone happy, please let me know.
Or, complain to TMDb as to why the sets have been changed.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-05-06, 11:18)vbat99 Wrote: To fix Unknown totals, run Movie Set ID Check.

So does that work for you for those collections? That doesn't change anything for me.

(2016-05-06, 11:18)vbat99 Wrote: As for outdated sets. This will have to be up to the user.
As mentioned in my PM, what one person thinks is outdated, is another's custom set, or in another example, they want to keep all movies in one set, IE:
Star Trek Collection (including next generation and reboots)

If we automate this, there will be more users annoyed with their sets changing, and I would get no thanks.

If you can come up with a viable option to keep everyone happy, please let me know.

I never said force-update should be automated as that would destroy the user's custom set info.
What's needed is a (context menu) command to force update movie set info by rescraping. Then users could selectively run the command only for movies that have outdated set info.
How do they identify those? If total number displays properly without a bug, only custom sets and outdated sets will show "unknown" total number. Then users could run the command, if they wish, for non-custom "unknown" movie sets.

(2016-05-06, 11:18)vbat99 Wrote: Or, complain to TMDb as to why the sets have been changed.

Nothing to complain to TMDB. Only complaining to apps that provide no way to keep up with their constant updates.
(2016-05-06, 11:39)tars Wrote:
(2016-05-06, 11:18)vbat99 Wrote: To fix Unknown totals, run Movie Set ID Check.

So does that work for you for those collections? That doesn't change anything for me.

Yes, this worked for the 8 sets I have for testing, including the three you advised me of.
Afterwards, they all showed x of x, instead of x of unknown.

Sorry, calling it a night. Need to get some sleep.
Will be back in the morning.
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-05-06, 11:42)vbat99 Wrote: Yes, this worked for the 8 sets I have for testing, including the three you advised me of.
Afterwards, they all showed x of x, instead of x of unknown.

The three sets I PMed you were fixed correctly. Note the two sets I mentioned are new ones.
  • 215(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10