• 242(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried switching to Aeon Nox and using the Logo view and it seems to work just fine, guess it really is just a bug with AZ.

Thanks!
vbat99,

Maybe it has been asked before, but is it possible to download all the movieset fanart available at fanart.tv automatically by selecting some setting? similar to the setting where you can download clearart, discart, etc.

Thanks
(2016-10-13, 22:26)Choppasmith Wrote: I really wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here.

I use Media Companion to get extra media like logos, clearart, etc. But despite being downloaded they never show up properly. I have to either go into Movie/Show Info > Choose Art for every piece of media or use the Artwork Downloader Add-on to download artwork which enables all the artwork once it's finished. Only downsides is it tends to download fanart/logos I don't want and in my current skin, Arctic Zephyr, it has to be done for ALL the movies/shows. I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal.

Is it a limitation of Kodi (Jarvis) currently?
Is it a glitch/problem with my current skin, Arctic Zephyr?
Is it somehow just me and my Windows 7 HTPC?

Kodi only by default recognizes the standard art-types. Additional types have to be added to the library. That's what AD does.

scott s.
(2016-10-14, 14:55)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Maybe it has been asked before, but is it possible to download all the movieset fanart available at fanart.tv automatically by selecting some setting? similar to the setting where you can download clearart, discart, etc.

Thanks

You'll only be able to download movieset fanart for movies in your collection in Media Companion.,
Go to Movie Batch Rescrape, and select [b]Download missing MovieSet Art{/b]. This will get Fanart and also the Poster. Never split these into separate options.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
MC scrapes about 18 movies in about 12 minutes on my Win 10. Is that okay? It appears to be a bit slow. Could I make it faster? I have left all of the default settins, so, I have download MC, added one path to the movie folder and have started scraping.

Could the log appearing after scraping show the starting scraping time and the end time?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
(2016-10-15, 18:48)Dirki Wrote: MC scrapes about 18 movies in about 12 minutes on my Win 10. Is that okay? It appears to be a bit slow. Could I make it faster? I have left all of the default settins, so, I have download MC, added one path to the movie folder and have started scraping.

Could the log appearing after scraping show the starting scraping time and the end time?

That is very slow.

Try going Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab, and select XBMC TMDb scraper. This is way quicker.
I usually get one movie in 20 seconds, limiting actors to 15, and getting only Fanart and Poster for the movie(s)
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-10-15, 18:48)Dirki Wrote: MC scrapes about 18 movies in about 12 minutes on my Win 10. Is that okay? It appears to be a bit slow. Could I make it faster? I have left all of the default settins, so, I have download MC, added one path to the movie folder and have started scraping.

Are you using a VPN? If so, then yes, you can expect some significant delays.
Thank you, vbat99.

Quote: Try going Movie Preferences -> Scraper Tab, and select XBMC TMDb scraper. This is way quicker.
Done. Now I have 43 movies scraped in about 7 minutes. But now I do not have the information I want from IMDB.

Quote: Are you using a VPN? If so, then yes, you can expect some significant delays.
No, I am not using a VPN.

With these settings it is 7:20 minutes for 25 movies:
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
(2016-10-15, 01:16)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 14:55)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Thanks

You'll only be able to download movieset fanart for movies in your collection in Media Companion.,
Go to Movie Batch Rescrape, and select [b]Download missing MovieSet Art{/b]. This will get Fanart and also the Poster. Never split these into separate options.

I believe this was mentioned before and you are still working on it, but I want to report my results:

I have 667 movies in my collection and I had to use the batch wizard 8 times to download a total of 114 images. I downloaded as follows: 38, 18, 18, 4, 20, 8, 6, 2.

I hope this info helps
Hey, Rob.
Just wondering if it's a setting I'm not finding or a little glitch. I have all "show logs..." turned off, but, I'm getting a log displayed after I scrape new TV episodes.

Stupid little request. Is it possible to turn off the popup message when the cursor is over a tv show?

And a future feature request (if doable) for next aired/episode date.

Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2016-10-26, 05:12)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob.
Just wondering if it's a setting I'm not finding or a little glitch. I have all "show logs..." turned off, but, I'm getting a log displayed after I scrape new TV episodes.

Stupid little request. Is it possible to turn off the popup message when the cursor is over a tv show?

Thanks.

Hey bobrap
There are three log options.
1. Preferences -> General and Common -> General tab. Show Log on Error
2. Movie Preferences -> General tab. Display log after scraping Movies
3. TV Preferences - General/Scraper tab. Display log after scraping Episodes

If your talking about the tooltip that says Double click an episode to playblack.....blablabla, yep, I'll get rid of that.

And the feature request, your wanting to see just the next episode to be aired, not all the un-aired episodes? Think I was wanting this also. Will have a look, running out of real-estate in the TV Filters section, but will have a play.
So, hide any TV series with no up-coming episodes, and display just the next to be aired episode? sound about right?
Media Companion Dev.
(2016-10-26, 05:19)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 05:12)bobrap Wrote: Hey, Rob.

Thanks.

Hey bobrap
There are three log options.
1. Preferences -> General and Common -> General tab. Show Log on Error
2. Movie Preferences -> General tab. Display log after scraping Movies
3. TV Preferences - General/Scraper tab. Display log after scraping Episodes

If your talking about the tooltip that says Double click an episode to playblack.....blablabla, yep, I'll get rid of that.

And the feature request, your wanting to see just the next episode to be aired, not all the un-aired episodes? Think I was wanting this also. Will have a look, running out of real-estate in the TV Filters section, but will have a play.
So, hide any TV series with no up-coming episodes, and display just the next to be aired episode? sound about right?

I checked my settings and all three log boxes are unchecked. After I run check for new episodes I still get a log popup.

Yes, that's the tool tip.

What I would like is if I highlight a series, it would display next aired or previous episode like the next aired add-on does in Kodi. Similar to "Premiered" date. You idea would work as well as a filter. Add both? Thanks, again.
Gday, Im still running 3.6.0.5 because it's been working great for me. The one question I have (and possible reason for me ot upgrade if its in later versions) is that it takes a pretty long amount of time to do a Refresh on my media folders, so when Ive only added 1 or 2 new movies im looking for a way to quickly scan them in. Eg scan only the specifc folders (or perhaps scan folders newer than some create/modify date) or something like that. Am I missing an existing option and/or has anything changed in recent versions to make scannng in a couple of new movies easier/faster?

Cheers for the app and the continued support Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Scarecrow,

I think the best way to do that would be to use profiles. Have one point to all your scraped media and then another for new media. After the new stuff is scraped, move it to the main media folder. Just an idea/ thought.
(2016-10-26, 15:02)scarecrow420 Wrote: Gday, Im still running 3.6.0.5 because it's been working great for me. The one question I have (and possible reason for me ot upgrade if its in later versions) is that it takes a pretty long amount of time to do a Refresh on my media folders, so when Ive only added 1 or 2 new movies im looking for a way to quickly scan them in. Eg scan only the specifc folders (or perhaps scan folders newer than some create/modify date) or something like that. Am I missing an existing option and/or has anything changed in recent versions to make scannng in a couple of new movies easier/faster?

Cheers for the app and the continued support Smile

As @bobrap mentioned...
Quote:Scarecrow,

I think the best way to do that would be to use profiles. Have one point to all your scraped media and then another for new media. After the new stuff is scraped, move it to the main media folder. Just an idea/ thought.

But there have been a ton of changes since Version 3.605 of Media Companion, including increasing the speed of scanning for and refreshing of Movies.
One large factor in speed is the amount of filters you have enabled. Reduce the filters to the specific filters you use all the time, and this will help with performance.

I suggest downloading the latest version, extracting it to its own folder, and copying over your existing settings folder. Run Media Companion once, close, and re-start Media Companion. This will allow any additional setting to be saved and loaded correctly.
Then, do a Refresh all on your movies, and compare with Version 3.605.

There are some major changes since your current version, including Scraper updates, data retrieved and stored in MC, so have a look at the latest release, and see what new, how it performs etc.
As always, if you have any issues, raise them either here, or preferable open an issue on codeplex site. Media Companion issues
Media Companion Dev.
  • 242(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10