• 257(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
(2017-03-05, 06:08)denywinarto Wrote: Hi.. got a question ..

I'm still unclear whether this can manipulate kodi database directly?
I need a tool that can manipulate kodi database directly, updating via kodi /JSON has 2 issues for me :

- Kodi needs to be open on server, my diskless setup does not allow this, long story short opening kodi will lock the database and diskless client wont be able to access it..
- I frequently get "unable to connect to server" due to thetvdb's unreliable uptime... (is there no known way to "auto-yes" the message?)

For now i'm using a dirty workaroung by symlink the userdata and syncronizing it using syncovery.. but it still locks up if a client boots then the server updates kodi..

Currently Media companion can update Movies only to Kodi database via JSON. But, this is slow. It was added some time ago, and I do not know how the code works to improve it, or to add TV to the update.

Have you looked at texturecache.py and it's other python script, mklocal.py

They may be of help, I'm not sure though.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-03-05, 08:01)vbat99 Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 06:08)denywinarto Wrote: Hi.. got a question ..

I'm still unclear whether this can manipulate kodi database directly?
I need a tool that can manipulate kodi database directly, updating via kodi /JSON has 2 issues for me :

- Kodi needs to be open on server, my diskless setup does not allow this, long story short opening kodi will lock the database and diskless client wont be able to access it..
- I frequently get "unable to connect to server" due to thetvdb's unreliable uptime... (is there no known way to "auto-yes" the message?)

For now i'm using a dirty workaroung by symlink the userdata and syncronizing it using syncovery.. but it still locks up if a client boots then the server updates kodi..

Currently Media companion can update Movies only to Kodi database via JSON. But, this is slow. It was added some time ago, and I do not know how the code works to improve it, or to add TV to the update.

Have you looked at texturecache.py and it's other python script, mklocal.py

They may be of help, I'm not sure though.

JSON update requires kodi to be open isnt' it ?
I need external updater that can update the database without opening kodi
Those scripts are for fixing corrupted database i think...
New Release.

Media Companion 3.674b
Revert OMDBApi custom url as no longer required.

New:
  • TV - user rating tag for TV-Shows/Episodes
  • TV - Added ability to manually set Episode IMDB Id. Right click Episode IMDB text box to edit.
  • TV - Added HDR fanart overlay. Note: HDR = Number of Bits is greater than 8 bit encoding.
    Movie - Special new option, allow non IMDB Id's as IMDB Id's. This is to allow actor and director filters to work with movies not scraped from IMDb, and have foreign Id's in the nfo with first character as Alpha. Option in Movie Preferences -> Advanced Tab. See Issue: https://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/workitem/1562
  • Movie - Press F6 to Reload movie cache.
  • Movie - Added: Hdr fanart overlay & filter. Note: HDR = Number of Bits is greater than 8 bit encoding.
Fixed:
  • MC - Revert addition of custom Omdbapi url, as no longer required.
  • Movie - Tweaked status message on Change Movie.
  • Movie - Log correct search name for movie in Log file.
  • Movie - Bug fix - Discard possible year if junk value.
  • TV - XBMC TVDb clear languages before repopulating. Doh!
  • TV - Allow create screenshot instead of downloading Episode Thumbnail.

And, Please, if you experience any crashes, post up an Issue on Media Companion's site
Feedback would be appreciated.

Download Link for MC 3.674b x86 & x64

Revision History
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99,

If I click on any given movie, then fanart, I see "1 missing" below next>

What am I missing?
(2017-03-19, 07:14)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

If I click on any given movie, then fanart, I see "1 missing" below next>

What am I missing?

The "1 missing" is an indicator that one movie in Media Companion has the fanart missing.
Use the General Filter, and scroll down till you see the option Missing Fanart(1). Select it, and only the movie that has the missing fanart will be listed.
If this movie has Fanart, then please advise what its fanart filename is, Where it is, What type of video ie: DVD, dvd folders, iso, blu-ray folders etc.
Media Companion Dev.
I'm currently trying to update / tidy stuff that's been scraped over the last few years, and running into a few issues along the way. The current one that has me banging my head on the desk...
I use a mixture of TMDB and custom sets. Is it / should it be possible to edit (add!) a set overview for a custom set? I can't see a way to make it work - on the other hand MC will let me put extra movies into a TMDB set, but the set overview isn't updated in the movie .nfo file.
Not sure how it should work / what should be possible. Thanks in advance for illumination.
(2017-03-27, 15:08)trogggy Wrote: I'm currently trying to update / tidy stuff that's been scraped over the last few years, and running into a few issues along the way. The current one that has me banging my head on the desk...
I use a mixture of TMDB and custom sets. Is it / should it be possible to edit (add!) a set overview for a custom set? I can't see a way to make it work - on the other hand MC will let me put extra movies into a TMDB set, but the set overview isn't updated in the movie .nfo file.
Not sure how it should work / what should be possible. Thanks in advance for illumination.

Overview was added a short time ago, so I will look into this and check I coded this to repopulate all movies in the set if the overview is edited.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks. I've tried again to add an overview for a custom set, without success. I ended up adding it manually - it's seen in kodi but not in MC now. I added some files to a TMDB set that shouldn't have been in it - the overview seemed to be written to some .nfo's but not all.
If I know what the expected behaviour is I'm happy to do some testing.
(2017-03-27, 21:00)trogggy Wrote: Thanks. I've tried again to add an overview for a custom set, without success. I ended up adding it manually - it's seen in kodi but not in MC now. I added some files to a TMDB set that shouldn't have been in it - the overview seemed to be written to some .nfo's but not all.
If I know what the expected behaviour is I'm happy to do some testing.

So the issue is that we store custom sets in the config.xml file, and TMDb sets in moviesetcache.xml. As TMDb sets have a 'Set' Id, we can store all movies that are associated with the 'Set' and the overview if one is available.
Custom Sets, there is no set ID.

I'll have a think on how to implement adding Overview to Custom Sets, so that it will populate all movies associated with the customer set if overview is edited.
Then will have to figure out a way to add overview to any movie added to the custom set.

Interesting, but not impossible.
Media Companion Dev.
Thanks for looking at this - and for the explanation, the issue makes sense (to me) now. For the moment I'm adding overviews manually, which I'm going to assume will cock everything up if and when MC handles them.
I've been using media companion for a while now, and love everything about it.
However i've just realized some movies in my library are not showing up in my kodi UI, and this might be due to i might be using some other scraper (and not media companion).
I never scan my entire libary using media companion, instead have a staging directory, where i add all the new movies i need to scrape through media companion.
I am planning to re-scan my entire movie library now.. so that media companion can grab all the metadata for the movies for which i dont have them in the libary.
But i'd like to know if there is anyways to set Media Companion not to re-scrape movies which already contain the metadata? Reason being, i have some custom movie posters and cd's manually enabled, and I'll loose them, or might have to go back and re-enable them for each of those movies again, plus its gonna take a lot more time re-scraping the movies for which the metadata already exists.
So can i ask media companion to scan-metadata and download for only the ones where we dont have metadata?
MANswers,

As far as I know, if MC finds a valid .nfo file in the movie directory, the movie will not be scraped; instead, the info in the nfo file is used. Do you have .nfo files for all the movies you have scraped before or that you already have metadata for? If not, you can do an "Export Library" from Kodi to separate files and Kodi will create the .nfo files.

@vbat99, please chime in in case I have misrepresented anything. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
There are a couple of ways you can proceed.
1. Delete all nfo's and start from fresh - not recommended.
2. Batch rescrape wizard - recommended.

What I would do, is grab some movies that were scraped by this 'Other' scraper, and put them into the staging directory.
Then test with these, as below. (maybe make a copy of the nfo's somewhere if things go wrong).

I would first check your artwork settings, ensuring you have selected the options suitable for you. Movie Preferences -> Artwork tab.
Also, check General Preferences -> Common tab, and ensure Don't overwrite existing artwork is selected.
In Batch Rescrape Wizard, select all the options, including attempt download of posters, fanart etc, but also select Scrape only Empty Tags.

If you do have issues when batch rescraping, I'd be interested in copies of some of the nfo's, so I can ensure MC reads them correctly.

As @bsoriano mentioned, you could also export Kodi library as separate files. But, I do know that these nfo's do not contain IMDB Id's or TMDB Id's, so this may cause problems if you rescrape afterwards. I have made MC capable of reading these nfo's, but this data isn't stored in Kodi MyVideo db....or wasn't last time I looked. might be wrong.

I really would not be inclined to delete the nfo's and scrape from fresh. Only as these nfo's should contain ID's for either or both of IMDB and TMDb. Which make it a whole heap quicker for rescraping.

Good luck, and post up if you have any issues/concerns.
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99 thanks for your reply.
I just didnt get this part.
Also, check General Preferences -> Common tab, and ensure Don't overwrite existing artwork is selected.

Where do i find this. couldnt find general preferences, i did find one under movie preferences but then there is no common tab under that section.
Can u pls post a screenshot?
(2017-04-07, 05:07)MANswers Wrote: vbat99 thanks for your reply.
I just didnt get this part.

Where do i find this. couldnt find general preferences, i did find one under movie preferences but then there is no common tab under that section.
Can u pls post a screenshot?

Just click the Preferences button on the top bar, should go to General & Common heading. Then click the Common tab.
Left side, 4th tick box from the bottom. Don't overwrite existing artwork. Make sure it is ticked.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 257(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10