Which Zbox
Hi All,

regarding the new releases of Zboxes from Zotac, I'm asking myself which one should be the better modle to run XBMC on it.
The Target Scenario is to run Movies and MP3s streamed from a NAS. Nothing Else
Movies are 720p and 1080p.
Are there still problems with the HD 3000 Chipset running Full HD?

Should I buy:

ZOTAC ZBOX ID82 Plus
Intel® Core™ i3 2330M (dual-core,2.2 GHz)
HM65 Express
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
2GB (up to 16GB)
320GB 5400RPM HDD
1 DVI / 1 HDMI

Or

ZOTAC ZBOX nano XS AD11 Plus
AMD E-450 APU (dual-core,1.65 GHz)
M1
AMD Radeon™ HD 6320
2GB (up to 4GB)
64GB mSATA SSD
1 HDMI

Thx For your advice
(2012-04-17, 13:02)Goldcurl Wrote: Are there still problems with the HD 3000 Chipset running Full HD?

Should I buy:

ZOTAC ZBOX ID82 Plus
Intel® Core™ i3 2330M (dual-core,2.2 GHz)
HM65 Express
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
2GB (up to 16GB)
320GB 5400RPM HDD
1 DVI / 1 HDMI
I like the i3 2330M with Intel HD3000 than E-450, but you might want to consider upgrade it with SSD for faster bootup and more.....here is a full detail on HD3000- Intel Core i3-2330M Review-2.2GHz Frequecy. It should be able to playback full HD......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
yes Goldcurl, there still 24p problems, INTEL failed to completely fix the issue
as said in a recent review..
So the better solution ist the ZOTAC ZBOX nano XS AD11 Plus
with the Radeon Chipset?
well, the AD11 is less powerful
(2012-04-17, 18:01)eskro Wrote: yes Goldcurl, there still 24p problems, INTEL failed to completely fix the issue
as said in a recent review..
This will fix that- Intel 23.976 fps problem.......

My Intel HD2000 can playback 1080P great.....and I expect the HD3000 to be better.......

I spent several weeks choosing Zbox model. Selecting hardware platform is all about selecting software platform. I went for the AD04 and OpenElec, as Windows is out of the picture. AMD-based platforms tend to have drivers problems in Linux-installations. OpenElec however offer specific builds based on platform. Zotac themselves even contribute to the OpenElec builds to achieve compatibility. The E-450 should run OpenElec Fusion builds just fine according to the forum. ID82 was quite expensive and does not exist on the European market yet, Intel 24 fps bug also excluded it (fixes just available under Windows as far as i know). The Nano boxes are extremely small, which made me a bit concerned regarding heat and noise. AD04 turned out to be the best for my needs. I will attend to the installation/configuration later this week.
This will fix that- Intel 23.976 fps problem.......

My Intel HD2000 can playback 1080P great.....and I expect the HD3000 to be better.......
[/quote]

there's no fix, only workaround to minimize the issue.

(2012-04-23, 18:29)eskro Wrote: This will fix that- Intel 23.976 fps problem.......

there's no fix, only workaround to minimize the issue.
As the OP stated, there is no perfect GPU to handle this issue......all it matter is that it work.....

well the 24p issue is mainly talked on INTEL's side.
we pretty much never hear 24p issues on AMD.
but on INTEL, man, its all over the place!
Why not give the ID80 a shot? Cedar Trail + Nvidia GPU.
(2012-04-23, 18:27)kdid Wrote: I spent several weeks choosing Zbox model. Selecting hardware platform is all about selecting software platform. I went for the AD04 and OpenElec, as Windows is out of the picture. AMD-based platforms tend to have drivers problems in Linux-installations. OpenElec however offer specific builds based on platform. Zotac themselves even contribute to the OpenElec builds to achieve compatibility. The E-450 should run OpenElec Fusion builds just fine according to the forum. ID82 was quite expensive and does not exist on the European market yet, Intel 24 fps bug also excluded it (fixes just available under Windows as far as i know). The Nano boxes are extremely small, which made me a bit concerned regarding heat and noise. AD04 turned out to be the best for my needs. I will attend to the installation/configuration later this week.

Hi kdid,

I intend to buy AD04 to be used as a server & HTPC. My requirements are hosting low-traffic web sites & web-services for this server & playback Full-HD video in mp4 or ripped Bluray ISO files. I will be using Linux Debian Squeeze but concern unable to find the linux driver for AD04 hardware like graphic card, HDMI audio, remote-control etc.

How is your installation progress, experience with AD04 & would be great if you could share some info

Thanks

Have a nice day

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Zbox0