• 7(current)
Linux HOW-TO The Complete Linux N00bs' Guide To Installing ZSNES on XMBCbuntu
So i just tried something else. If I load xbmc, and then run retroarch from a command line while xbmc is running, it works perfectly. But as soon as i launch from xvmc whether it be RCB or Advanced Launcher...no sound....this is driving me crazy :/
Have you try ti disable XBMC navigation sounds? Also are using Pulse Audio on your XBMCbuntu system? If not, try to install it. It will allow you to control audio sound for each application independently.
You need to setup the emulator audio output correctly (which I know isn't so easy in some emulators). See here for a lesson in linux sound that fritsch gave me

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15112
(2014-06-12, 03:11)Angelscry Wrote: Have you try ti disable XBMC navigation sounds? Also are using Pulse Audio on your XBMCbuntu system? If not, try to install it. It will allow you to control audio sound for each application independently.

I have tried to install and run pulse audio but i get this:

Quote:xbmc@XBMCServer:~$ pulseaudio
E: [pulseaudio] core-util.c: Home directory not accessible: Permission denied

Im an pretty new to linux and this is all new to me..thank for your help everyone[/quote]
(2014-06-12, 03:28)teeedubb Wrote: You need to setup the emulator audio output correctly (which I know isn't so easy in some emulators). See here for a lesson in linux sound that fritsch gave me

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15112

I have been through this but it seems very confusing to me. I kinda need an "idiots guide to installing and configuring pulse audio with xbmc and emulators"

Sorry guys, i really appreciate your help
How exactly are you running xbmc? In its own session or in a desktop environment? Easiest way i have found is to quit xbmc before running your emulator - for me it solves any sound and focus issues. Rcb has 'solo mode' and you need a basic script for advanced launcher, but you can't be running xbmc in its own session for it to work.
When I try to edit the X11.org file its blank im running Ubuntu 13.10 so do I still just add the sugessted lines?

Thanks
(2013-09-29, 01:51)staticn0de Wrote: I normally use 1080p when watching movies and this is also the resolution which xbmx is running at, so I don't think that resolution is the problem. I think it is more likely the OpenGL.

I get the same thing. When I run it out of XBMC, zsnes works fine. When I start it from advanced launcher, black screen and no sound.

EDIT: added the bash script for run_zsnes and it works fine.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO The Complete Linux N00bs' Guide To Installing ZSNES on XMBCbuntu4