Looking for recommendation on 1st HTPC
Hi folks!

I've been using my home PC (windows 7 32bit build on AMD Athlon (AM2) 2.7ghz) and my XBOX 360 to stream media onto my main TV in the living room. Using WMC with Mediabrowser, that does the job pretty good. I've been thinking about building a dedicated HTPC though. The reason being, that my kids are using that PC more and more and depending on their utilization of that PC, the streaming takes a hit. For example, if they play a game on it, the streaming stutters and the such...

So, i figured it would be nice to build a HTPC, and would like to try out XBMC for the multitudes of add-ins available.

i've been reading a bit on the subject and it seems that a lot of folks use itx boards, such as AMD E350 and the such. would a MSI E350IS-E45 be a good choice? 4gb of RAM enough? it is a 1,6ghz chip, how would it compare to my existing am2 2.7ghzHuh? Would it be enough to stream anything from the web, 1080 and the such? running Windows 7 64bit? What Intel board would you recommend if any that are better or more affordable maybe? (i've always been a AMD guy..., but open to changes!)

Should i instead invest in a mAtx such as a GA-A75M-D2H with a "A series" chip?

What about a Biostar A880G+ with a AMD Athlon II X4 645 Propus 3.1ghz AM3 (combo for 156$ on Newegg)

Thanks on the recommendations.

Steph
i've written a htpc guide for you

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94199
Oh!? Smile

Cool, i'll check your post out. Thanks
no problem

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for recommendation on 1st HTPC0