[XBMCbuntu & UnRaid] This is a very, very strange share/source problem
OK have had my library on a WHS V1 for over a year, and it was looking quite weird with all the extra boxes hanging on it, so I took the plunge to UnRaid as a replacement (anyone want an Acer WHS box and a couple Mediasonic 4-bay eSata/USB boxes? but I digress). Got UnRaid #1 up and going (10x2tb drives), migrated stuff over and let XBMC (Eden, 11.0) scan it and all looked good

Till I noticed some things were missing. Lots of recently added things that went to one drive in the array.

The setup was this...

each drive in the array ( /disk(x)) had one or two folders underneath (/Movies or /TV) .. yeah, original I know. Moving on.

Movies exist on 4 of the drives (/disk5, /disk6, /disk7, /disk8)

I started by using the Unraid "User Shares" where it would aggregate all the same top level folders on each drive as a single share presented to Samba, so the /Movies share that the network would see, would contain all the items in /disk1/Movies, /disk2/Movies, etc...

now, this is where things get BIZARRE

folders and items on /disk5/Movies could be seen in the /Movies share
the could be seen if you browsed (using the XBMC filer browser) directly to /disk5/Movies
you could play them if you browsed the /Movie share
but..

they would not scan into the library.
Neither by an update library, nor by going in thru Videos, Files, showing files and then hitting the 'i' key to force a scan.
they would not scan in at all... almost.

normally the entry would be

/Movies
--- /Movie Name
------ /Movie.mkv
------ /Movie.nfo
------ /Movie.tbn
------ /Movie-fanart.jpg

a new entry would be just

/Movies
--- /Movie Name
------ /Movie.mkv

and would get the rest on a scan.

If the folder had only the .mkv file, it would not scan in on /disk5/Movies, if you browsed to that folder, it would not even acknowledge the press of the 'i' button
if the folder on /disk5 has the mkv and nfo it would respond to the 'i' button.

move the folder to any of the other drive(x)/Movies, instant response to the 'i' button and things would scan in properly with zero issues.

ok, I though, something wrong with the UnRaid aggregation process somehow, so I disables User Shares and changed the Movies source to a multi path source

/server/disk5/Movies
/server/disk6/Movies
/server/disk7/Movies
/server/disk8/Movies

Clear library and rescan. All is good.
Except the items on /disk5

Can still browse to them, see them play them (manually) can't scan them in, can't use the "Info" to force a scan if it's an empty file.
Move it to another /disk(x) ... scans in perfectly

ok this is getting silly... so

I REMOVE disk5 from the multi path share
Clear the Library
make a new share JUST for disk5 with "Movies as the content"

Update Library

and there everything is, including EVERYTHING on /disk5

stick a new entry in /disk5/Movies, just the .mkv file, navigate to it, hit the Info...
hits theMovieDB perfectly and gets the info, adds to the library.

stick a new entry in /disk5/Movies, just the .mkv file, update library, everything is great.

I've run a file check on /disk5 (remember I can get to them with browser, windows share, whatever) no errors
run a smart check on /disk5 (flying colors)

so my question is this.. what the smeg is going on hereHuh?
a limit on how many files in a source?
memory issue (8gb on the box in question)
and before someone says 'post a log'.. nothing in there, just 'scan started', 'scan ended'

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu & UnRaid] This is a very, very strange share/source problem0