How to make XBMC show the channel list from the database when the backend is too slow
Hi,
I am testing the PVR functionalities and I am facing a couple of problems.

1.- Sometimes my testing add-on takes too much time getting the channel list and I hold returning from GetChannelsAmount/GetChannels until I get that information.
Is there any way for making XBMC to use the channel list/EPG it has in its database (until I discover the info and I make a trigger)?

2.- As I am blocked in GetChannelsAmount/GetChannels until the add-on discovers the information, it is possible it never happens and I decide to exit from XBMC. In this case XBMC won't close ever. Is this a known bug?
1) xbmc always imports the channels from the add-on into the db when initialising the add-on. if the add-on fails to return any channels, the already present channels will be removed. this is intended behaviour. when your add-on detects that something changed and xbmc needs to be updated, it should call one of the Trigger...() methods on the interface.

2) no. could you create a ticket for it with a full debug log.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
(2012-04-23, 10:22)dushmaniac Wrote: 2) no. could you create a ticket for it with a full debug log.

Done: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/518,
thank you very much Lars.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make XBMC show the channel list from the database when the backend is too slow0