• 67(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2015-05-19, 15:37)ed_davidson Wrote: I'm not sure I completely understand but I'm sure the zip file is being downloaded from my FTP server to the local drive. Hope this helps.

According to the log I don't think the file is being copied. This isn't a full debug log so it's hard to know for sure but I'm not seeing any messaging after the file copy has started. There are a bunch of pydrive errors. This is interesting since you aren't using Google Drive but the class must allocate upon start anyway. Since you're on Android this might be a Python 2.6 issue again. I tried to fix these as maybe these errors are stopping the whole program from running. Try this branch and see if you get different results: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/tree/pydrive_fix

(2015-05-19, 17:53)dave_parki_uk Wrote: I hope someone can help me with a minor issue i have with notifications. I use this addon to backup Kodi to my NAS at 3pm daily, sometimes my NAS isnt online and the backup starts and the first notification is "gathering file lists...". Problem is with my NAS being offline this notification doesnt disappear and i cant figure out how to make it disappear without a reboot.

Any ideas on how to stop this notification appearing when my NAS is offline?

Make sure your NAS is on or don't start a backup.

In all seriousness though I think the file write IO is probably hanging. Even though the message says "gathering files" there is actually a very small write operation trying to hit the remote store at that time as well. It is trying to create the backup folder and validation file. This operation is handed off to the xbmcvfs python module, which could very well just hang as the store isn't available. A debug log would probably show more info if I was to try and fix this particular problem.
(2015-05-21, 20:56)kodaxx Wrote: I have used backup to create a full backup of kodi. i then transfer that file onto a usb stick. i install the same version of kodi on another device, but same model. run the backup addon to restore. everything goes as it should but i get errors on everything. none of my addons work and it says restore failed check log for more info. where do i find this log and i will post it here?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

(2015-05-24, 11:33)MikeKL Wrote: Rob, been using Backup addon installed via Leopold's "OpenELEC Dev Update" program addon for a while without problems but recently it stopped working.

I believe I have Backup Version 1.0.5 installed and backup is currently not working stating error check log.

I initially posted information with link to kodi log file in this post

Any help appreciated, already tried to simply remove and re-install backup addon but kodi advises me that I cannot do this as its linked to Leopold addon

I see on that thread you have fixed this issue already, is that right? The error you posted had something to do with a file not existing.
(2015-05-26, 15:51)robweber Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 11:33)MikeKL Wrote: Rob, been using Backup addon installed via Leopold's "OpenELEC Dev Update" program addon for a while without problems but recently it stopped working.

I believe I have Backup Version 1.0.5 installed and backup is currently not working stating error check log.

I initially posted information with link to kodi log file in this post

Any help appreciated, already tried to simply remove and re-install backup addon but kodi advises me that I cannot do this as its linked to Leopold addon
I see on that thread you have fixed this issue already, is that right? The error you posted had something to do with a file not existing.
Yes its sorted now by removing Dev Update addon, then backup, then reinstalling backup and then Dev Update addon in that order, apologies for not updating status in this thread.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hi Rob. Thanks for the Python fix zip. Zipped backups work every time on PC and Android. No more path errors.
Your ADDON works great with my ftp server. I can even backup to the server from the addon. It's just what I was looking for. Thanks.
Did you add the latest Python fix to the ADDON and upload it to the KODI addons site?
The py_fix did not work on my linux build. Worked on Android and PC. Still getting the path error on linux. Have to do a backup before restoring.
(2015-06-10, 00:04)ed_davidson Wrote: Did you add the latest Python fix to the ADDON and upload it to the KODI addons site?

What specific fix do you mean? At this moment there aren't any commits that don't exist as part of the most current version in the addon repo.

(2015-06-11, 19:29)ed_davidson Wrote: The py_fix did not work on my linux build. Worked on Android and PC. Still getting the path error on linux. Have to do a backup before restoring.

I'll need a log of doing a restore when it doesn't work. I'm guessing some file is not being accessed correctly but if you do a backup first it can "cheat" the system by utilizing a file made during the process (I'm thinking the validation file here).
Rob the error is exactly the same as your post 991. I used the file link you sent in that post. There is nothing in my log file, but you said it wasn't a complete log.
Is it possible to get some detailed instructions on how to enable the Google Drive backup? I have been trying but I keep getting error messages or script failure. I have set up the OAuth API and entered the url from the log file but no dice.

Thanks
Hi Rob,
Thanks much for the backup addon. It works great on my minix android box.
I'm writing to request a "feature". What I need is the ability for the addon to recurse into all sub directories of the chosen custom directory. Currently I get everything in the custom folder but nothing, except the folder name, from any folders contained within the custom directory. I use 2 each 1tb local external drives for backup.
Thanks again for all the great work,
Dr Dan
here is the error message is was getting when i tried a restore from a zipped file https://www.dropbox.com/s/xan0hjl6o504mn...9.png?dl=1
And here is the debug file link from my PC http://xbmclogs.com/pylhqxegi

when i tried the restore for the second time it worked i didnt have to do a backup first

as you can see from the screenshot i displayed the folder and the file was clearly in there

Here is another log file from my linux device running 14.2 It worked on the third attempt.
http://xbmclogs.com/phxacmgqc

Here's another kodi debug log from Linux
http://xbmclogs.com/pog8wigcg

Here's one from Android
http://xbmclogs.com/pdj7wuay5
(2015-06-13, 23:24)Drdan Wrote: Hi Rob,
Thanks much for the backup addon. It works great on my minix android box.
I'm writing to request a "feature". What I need is the ability for the addon to recurse into all sub directories of the chosen custom directory. Currently I get everything in the custom folder but nothing, except the folder name, from any folders contained within the custom directory. I use 2 each 1tb local external drives for backup.
Thanks again for all the great work,
Dr Dan
+1 to this request from me.

I'm getting the same issue - when selecting a directory as custom backup target I was only getting the first level of contained subdirectories backed up, and they were empty. At first I thought it was a problem with hidden dirs (display hidden files option is turned on in Kodi appearance settings) like .config (on Linux based OpenElec), but creating a link (with ln -s) from .config to normal "un-hidden" folder /storage/testconfigbackup and using that as the custom target still gave the same issue.

Is there some technical reason I've missed that means recursing through sub-directories of a custom target is impossible ?
I am trying to install the backup addon from the kodi rep..it is not listed under program addons list to be installed. I have a fresh installation of Kodi 14.1. anyone having this issue. I tried to install it manually, but it dependencies not met. anyone experiencing this issue when first time installing the backup addon?
Hi Rob. Great addon! I've been using this a lot the past few years. But I have a question, is there a way to omit the users' movie, tv and music collection from the restore process to where it keeps those files? Lets say I don't have any movie collections on RPi-1 but I want to have the same settings, addons, etc on RPi-2 but I don't want to wipe out my movie collection during the restore on RP-2. Is there a way to do that? Also, is there a way, using the same logic as above, to keep favorites saved in the addons during a restore?

I also have the same problem as noted by another user, possibly users, that the restore fails to restore claiming that the "path/file doesn't exist" after it copies it from my ftp server. It definitely copies it as I'm watching my server upload the file to the RPi. The way I get around this is to play a movie for about 10 seconds or so then stop it. I go back to restore then it'll work. Gets really annoying to do this every time. Any idea as to what's causing it? It doesn't happen on a fresh install, only when trying to restore a backup on a configured system.

Thanks in advance
Hey everyone. I am monitoring this thread, just haven't had time to look through all these yet. I realize there is an issue with the restore "path doesn't exist" error. I just need some time to recreate the conditions. Please be patient. Thanks.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10