• 78(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2015-10-02, 17:14)robweber Wrote: The log says your app key is invalid. Maybe you put them in the wrong spots?

No, I just thought a 0 was an o and a 1 was an l Angel
I don't understand, I got this
but I am still getting an errorSad Here's my log but I tried to copy the pertinent part below:

File "C:\Users\e1HTC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\dropbox\rest.py", line 183, in request
raise ErrorResponse®
ErrorResponse: [400] u"App folder (sandbox) access attempt failed because this app is not configured to have an app folder. Should your access type be 'dropbox' instead?"
(2015-10-04, 20:18)penanghunter Wrote: hello,i am new to kodi,and i have a limited space on my android box,so i used http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data...or_Android for store my kodi file in sd card,but after i change it,every time i go in kodi,its showing backup script failed,this is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/pg0wdrqpp ,thanks for your help.

It looks like an encoding error in one of the dependency addons (oauth2client). When you copied your data folder over I wonder if something got corrupted or changed with this addon in a way that it is throwing an error now. Delete the script.module.oauth2client addon folder and the script.xbmcbackup folder. Re-download the Backup addon from the repo, this should pull in a new copy of the dependent addon.

(2015-10-04, 21:24)KidVulcan Wrote: No, I just thought a 0 was an o and a 1 was an l Angel
I don't understand, I got this
but I am still getting an errorSad Here's my log but I tried to copy the pertinent part below:

File "C:\Users\e1HTC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\dropbox\rest.py", line 183, in request
raise ErrorResponse®
ErrorResponse: [400] u"App folder (sandbox) access attempt failed because this app is not configured to have an app folder. Should your access type be 'dropbox' instead?"

When you setup your App in the developer area you can make it an "App Folder" type app or one that can see the whole Dropbox directory. This addon needs the Addon Folder type application. Check what type of developer app you've created. Sounds like it's the wrong type.
I have Kodi Isengard 15.1 installed... I have this Kodi version on a second PC also. To keep them in sync, I will take a Kodi backup on one PC, and copy the backup data file to a flash drive, I then take the flash drive and insert it to my second PC. Then I take the backup data file from my first PC (on the flash drive), and drag a copy into my Kodi Backup folder on the second PC. Then on the second PC I restore the data file (from the backup of the first PC).

My problem is that the restore on the second PC does not reflect the changes from the backup from the first PC.

I used to perform this same process when I had Kodi Helix 14.2, and it always worked perfectly..
Hi Rob. I have a request, not sure if it would be possible though.
Would it be possible to add a public cloud storage folder to download only the backups from, which then get downloaded to the temp folder. I k ow you can set up dropbox and Google but this would be handy to have.
Thanks.
Hi. Can anyone help me to use "Backup" with my WDMycloud drive? I sent my sister a FireTV Stick with Kodi installed. The stick doesn't have a USB port, so running backup to an external drive is out of the question. She lives in Ohio, and I am in Jersey. I made her a share on my MyCloud drive, and copied her Kodi configuration to it. The Mycloud software doesn't work on FireTV, but I want her to be able to restore her configuration from my drive. I tried the tutorials online as to how to do it with Dropbox, but she runs a Mac, and Kodi isn't on either of our computers, just on FireTV (which means that we can't authorize access to dropbox). The same would go for Google Drive too. I gave her a Western Digital Mycloud.com share and login, and she can access it online through her Mac. The problem is getting the Backup/Restore script to point to it through Kodi. I even copied the exact address into Backup's browse area. Kodi doesn't see it at all. Using my own cloud drive would make troubleshooting for her a whole lot easier for me. Is there a way to authorize DropBox app from FireTV Stick instead of my computer? I don't run Kodi from any of my PCs, only streaming media boxes/sticks.

Please help.
famousguy
(2015-10-12, 03:56)famousguy Wrote: Hi. Can anyone help me to use "Backup" with my WDMycloud drive? I sent my sister a FireTV Stick with Kodi installed. The stick doesn't have a USB port, so running backup to an external drive is out of the question. She lives in Ohio, and I am in Jersey. I made her a share on my MyCloud drive, and copied her Kodi configuration to it. The Mycloud software doesn't work on FireTV, but I want her to be able to restore her configuration from my drive. I tried the tutorials online as to how to do it with Dropbox, but she runs a Mac, and Kodi isn't on either of our computers, just on FireTV (which means that we can't authorize access to dropbox). The same would go for Google Drive too. I gave her a Western Digital Mycloud.com share and login, and she can access it online through her Mac. The problem is getting the Backup/Restore script to point to it through Kodi. I even copied the exact address into Backup's browse area. Kodi doesn't see it at all. Using my own cloud drive would make troubleshooting for her a whole lot easier for me. Is there a way to authorize DropBox app from FireTV Stick instead of my computer? I don't run Kodi from any of my PCs, only streaming media boxes/sticks.

Please help.
famousguy

There is a web browser add-on in the official Kodi repository. Not sure how good it is, as I've not used it much (once). But it may be good enough to authorize your Dropbox account for the FireTV device.
Yes get the dbmc Addon for Kodi and install it. Make sure your backups are zipped up. Use the dbmc ADDON to download the backup to your device then install it using backup.
You will probably get a path error but the fix is simple. My advice would be to add the temp folder as a source then using dbmc Download the files to there.
Hi Rob. I'm having an issue with sftp. I can read/download the backup files but I'm unable to write (backup) to the directory. I've successfully written to the directory using filezilla & from an app on my phone in & outside of my network, it's not a permission issue. I just can't seem to get your addon to write using sftp. I get a popup stating:

WRITE ERROR DETECTED
The destination may not be writeable
Zip archive could not be copied

I don't see any issue from the log:

22:11:04 T:1476912192 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Starting
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Local Dir: /storage/.kodi/
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Remote Dir: 201510132211/
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Mode - Backup
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Creating Files List
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201510132211/
22:11:07 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: /storage/.kodi/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201510132211/custom_1d149faa3/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: /storage/screenshots/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201510132211/custom_73aa0b665/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: /storage/.update/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: sftp://USER:[email protected]:x/RPi_2/
22:11:08 T:1476912192 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: /storage/.kodi/temp/
22:11:15 T:1476912192 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
22:11:15 T:1476912192 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:11:15 T:1476912192 NOTICE: Kodi Log Uploader: started
22:11:15 T:1476912192 NOTICE: Kodi Log Uploader: settings: len(email)=23
22:11:15 T:1476912192 NOTICE: Kodi Log Uploader: settings: skip_oldlog=True
22:11:29 T:1476912192 NOTICE: Kodi Log Uploader: reading log...

If you need the full log let me know & I'll PM you a link to the log.

Is there any other secure method I can use to read/write? Standard FTP works flawlessly, except for the "backups to keep", which doesn't delete the previous backups.

I'm using OpenELEC 5.0.8 reading/writing to my server

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time
hi im tryin to set and run backup addon via drop box linked my dropbox and ig didnt seem to save anything and said that not all was copied and on local backup was ok no errors how do i link dropbox or google drive cheers in advanced
got this to finally link to my dropbox but tried a restore and the restore shows nothing when it says its complete so nothings got restored

cheers in advanced
I have a suggestion. Install the Dbmc addon. Configure the ADDON for your dropbox credentials. Add a new source which will be the temp folder.
Click on the dbmc addon and find the compressed restore file. Download it to the temp folder. Now in the backup addon put the browse path or type path to the temp folder. Restore that file.
That didnt work dam it still nothing been restored
Do you have the file selection right?
(2015-10-05, 22:39)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Rob. I have a request, not sure if it would be possible though.
Would it be possible to add a public cloud storage folder to download only the backups from, which then get downloaded to the temp folder. I k ow you can set up dropbox and Google but this would be handy to have.
Thanks.

Could you give me some more detail here? What kind of Public Cloud Storage Folder do you mean?

I see all the other comments/concerns. Please post debug logs as I can't speculate on why different things may or may not be working. One thing to check for cloud storage options is if you see any files being written to those places. Also, check timestamps on your files after restores. Remember, the guisettings.xml file needs to be restored manually (see FAQ) so don't expect a lot of visual changes until you do that. I have confirmation that with Kodi 16 they've finally made some progress on this issue!
I think so not sure quite whay you mean im new to this
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10