• 82(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
So, now it starts Backing up files. It gets to about 20% before running into another error. Here's the log
Hello, I have recently changed my HTPC for an NVidia Shield.

What are the chances of a backup made in Openelec on the HTPC being successfully restored to the NVidia Shield which runs Android?
Well I went for it and everything seems to be restored correctly apart from the skin and the customisation I did to it.

I have read up and tried manually copying the guisettings.xml from the HTPC to the NVidia Shield using WinSCP but it just wont take.

What am I doing wrong?
Right, I sorted it out. I force closed and cleared the cache of the App on the Nvidia Shield, and then I replaced these two folders on the NVidia Shield with those from my HTPC

Userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts
Userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.5

and replaced this file again too

Userdata/guisettings.xml

Next time I launched the Kodi app on the NVidia everything worked perfectly.

Hope this helps someone. Sorry for the triple post!
(2015-12-02, 06:20)KidVulcan Wrote: So, now it starts Backing up files. It gets to about 20% before running into another error. Here's the log

Looks like you've found something new there. It's a MemorryError. It's being thrown by the zipfile.py library - which is a core python library, not something I've written. I wonder if one of the files you are saving is too big to be put into memory and written to the zip directory? I did some checking online and incorrect OS allocation of memory (corrupt blocks) isn't out of the question either. Either way this is a core library limitation or a hardware problem. The files in question seem to be addon_data related to plugin.program.iarl if that helps.

(2015-12-02, 12:30)Tyler Durden Wrote: Right, I sorted it out. I force closed and cleared the cache of the App on the Nvidia Shield, and then I replaced these two folders on the NVidia Shield with those from my HTPC

Userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts
Userdata/addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.5

and replaced this file again too

Userdata/guisettings.xml

Next time I launched the Kodi app on the NVidia everything worked perfectly.

Hope this helps someone. Sorry for the triple post!

Glad you got it working. Hopefully when Jarvis is final these type of issues become a thing of the past as they've moved skin customization settings into the addon_data folder.
Hi Rob. How are you making out on the path error issues. If you do manage to get that fixed once and for all it would be amazing. Thanks.
How does one save the backup to a flash SD card?
Insert the flash card and set it as the browse path.
Yes, in OpenElect what would the path be?
I don't know. But if you browse you will find it.
any way to wipe data before restore?
Aplogies in advance if this was answered somewhere in these 80+ pages !

I have Fire TV 2 with Kodi Isengard 15.2 installed. Working fine and loving it !. However, Im trying to back up my Kodi now. Tried the Backup Addon, and also the USB/SDCard Wizard. Neither work for me.

Have the error log file if that helps, but............I saw somewhere that the Fire TV 2 is designed so this will not work. Maybe not this specifically, but as a result of not allowing many different file types to be written to the USB and/or SDCard on the Fire TV 2. Any thoughts? If this is true, Im guessing these addons are no longer of value if you have the newer FireTV ? Can we hope for a Kodi or addon fix in the future?

I also have ADBFire and used it to set up my Kodi initially. Worked great the first time, and wanted to try to backup with it after the above failures. But for some reason I cant get connected again.

Would much rather use the Backup addon if this can be done, but any method at this point would be awesome..........any help with backing up my set up would be greatly appreciated !
Can you do a zipped backup to your temp folder using the Kodi backup addon? Actually I don't think that's possible. I tried to and it didn't work.
I was looking through the Jarvis bug fixes and saw this item: Fixed: don’t use cached results for dir checks in our Python API.

I found the PR on github for this and it got me thinking about an issue some of you have reported in the past. When doing a restore from a zip file sometimes the zip file gets copied and then you get an error about the zip file does not exist. Re-running the addon then causes it to work fine. I'm wondering if the directory checks were returning cached results in these instances. When Jarvis is final I guess we'll know for sure but I'm hoping this takes care of this problem for future releases.
Apologies if this has been answered, I searched but found no answer...

I Have a Fire TV (2015) and running kodi 16. I have gotten as far as where it says..

"Check log for dropbox authorize url"
"click ok when authorized"

I can't seem to find the log. I have tried the addon that emails it, but having issues. any other options?
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10