• 93(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2017-01-17, 17:54)glenr Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 17:32)TaceN Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 17:28)glenr Wrote: Sorry, I don't quite understand your reply. Forgetting about 17, what was left after the restore, was it just the addons that were on the original box or was it the original plus what was already on the new?

Everything was there.
I made a backup to my ftp. A backup file just like I wanted it to be with settings, addons etc.
I started another raspberry pi in this case. This machine had the same OS in it but not the same addons.
Added the backup addon and my FTP source in to the addon.
Downloaded and restored the backup file that was previously created.

After the restore the second pi was restored just like the first one.
One thing though.. the GUISETTINGS.xml will not be backed up.
Good thing to know!

Thanks for trying to help me but I am not getting the answer to my question, which is, what happens to the currently installed addons on the new box. Did your new raspberry pi already have addons installed and if so what happened to them? My new box has many addons already installed, some are the same as the old box and some that are different. You say " the second pi was restored just like the first one". Does this mean that whatever addons were already on the new box were deleted? And what happens to duplicates?

I mean .. if I there is something on the backup that's not on my other pi.. then it will be installed on that raspberry pi to.
That's a good question. Short answer - they are overwritten. The restore operation doesn't touch your existing files so if there is an addon in the directory that doesn't exist in your restore file it won't get touched. If there is one that is it's going to get overwritten (maybe even with an old version).

Kodi should catch up and update it again after a reboot. Definitely reboot your system after a restore even without doing addons. Lots of things may be touched that will get messed up if you don't.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for.
(2016-12-03, 15:34)4kaz Wrote: I have the addon 'Backup' on my AFTV stick, but can't figure out how to backup to the Goggle Drive or to Dropbox. It's asking for a code or something. I've googled, but cannot figure it out. Can anyone explain how to do this. Confused Huh

Did you ever get an answere on how to do this? I need to backup my install to Dropbox.

Thank you!
(2017-01-17, 18:39)TaceN Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 17:32)TaceN Wrote: Everything was there.
I made a backup to my ftp. A backup file just like I wanted it to be with settings, addons etc.
I started another raspberry pi in this case. This machine had the same OS in it but not the same addons.

Good thing to know!

Thanks for trying to help me but I am not getting the answer to my question, which is, what happens to the currently installed addons on the new box. Did your new raspberry pi already have addons installed and if so what happened to them? My new box has many addons already installed, some are the same as the old box and some that are different. You say " the second pi was restored just like the first one". Does this mean that whatever addons were already on the new box were deleted? And what happens to duplicates?

I mean .. if I there is something on the backup that's not on my other pi.. then it will be installed on that raspberry pi to.

Only if there is a file with the same name it will get overwritten, with old or new data.

If there are extra files in the restore these will get added.
(2017-01-17, 18:39)TaceN Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 17:32)TaceN Wrote: Everything was there.

Good thing to know!

If you want to restore your guisettings.xml as soon as the restore process finishes, without pressing anything you have to pull the plug on the box. This will make the guisettings.xml file stick.
Yea - really bad way to do this but kind of the only way to do it on some systems. Depending on your hardware and install type there is also a guisettings.xml.restored file that is put in the same directory. What I've done usually is kill Kodi but don't shut down the OS (on embedded systems like OpenELEC you have to ssh in and kill the process). From there you can traverse the os and just change the filenames. Start Kodi back up and it will boot the right one.

(2017-01-19, 04:26)smicale Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 15:34)4kaz Wrote: I have the addon 'Backup' on my AFTV stick, but can't figure out how to backup to the Goggle Drive or to Dropbox. It's asking for a code or something. I've googled, but cannot figure it out. Can anyone explain how to do this. Confused Huh

Did you ever get an answere on how to do this? I need to backup my install to Dropbox.

Thank you!

Check the README file for more information on this. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/b.../README.md
hi, i use kodi 17 and if i restore a backup all addons i used before are deactivated.
even if they are from the main repository (pvr addon e.g.)
heya, i just have a little problem with xbmc backup.
i try to restore my kodi 17 config (including addons, profiles).
it works but really all addons are disabled after restoring. including pvr addons, skins eg.

do you need a log? Smile
(2017-01-20, 21:09)skybird1980 Wrote: heya, i just have a little problem with xbmc backup.
i try to restore my kodi 17 config (including addons, profiles).
it works but really all addons are disabled after restoring. including pvr addons, skins eg.

do you need a log? Smile

All ADDONS are disabled by default in Krypton.
Correct. Going to work on this soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V
Hi Rob,

I just updated to v1.0.8 and its coming up with Backup error..... previous version working fine.

Thanks
George
Hi Guys

I have installed literally hundreds of BACKUP. but for some reason today I have been unable to install
backup on any android box whether installed from the play store or from my usb.
It appears to enable, but with an error and then when you try to run it comes up with Backup Error.
Check Log.

Never happened before any ideas what the problem is.

Thanks

Steve
My problem sounds like the previous post
i wasn't even trying to make a backup but i'm getting the error every time i run kodi. just started happening today.
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10