• 98(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Backup works great backing up locally and then drag and drop to a usb drive...
(2017-02-24, 16:52)robweber Wrote: Are you trying to use some kind of browser built in to the fire TV? Best use case is to type the URL in to a second phone/tablet/computer.

Sent from my SM-G930V (typie typie)

Yes sir, I was! Thank you for setting me straight with the information above. I'm able to get Dropbox working now (thanks again) but still unable to get Google Drive working. I plan to delete my current Google Drive setup and then redo it just to see if I can get it working. I thought I had previously tried typing the URL in using my iPad although that may have been in version 1.0.9, if that makes a difference.

Ron
I discovered that backups have been failing for me for over a month. Don't really know why. Does this give anyone any ideas?
It had been working fine. I did recently upgrade to 17.0 but the backups were failing before that.
Running on Win7/64 - 24GB RAM no shortage of hard drive space.

Quote:11:45:49.568 T:16388 DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Writing file: -C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons/resource.images.weathericons.hd.animated
11:45:49.569 T:16388 DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Writing file: -C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons/resource.images.weathericons.hd.animated/resources
11:45:49.569 T:16388 DEBUG: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Writing file: C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons/resource.images.weathericons.hd.animated/resources/Textures.xbt
11:46:01.264 T:16388 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 73, in <module>
backup.run(mode)
File "C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 256, in run
filesCopied = self.backupFiles(fileGroup['files'],self.xbmc_vfs,self.remote_vfs)
File "C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 482, in backupFiles
wroteFile = dest.put(aFile,dest.root_path + aFile[len(source.root_path):])
File "C:\Users\otherUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 97, in put
self.zip.writestr(utils.encode(dest),aFile.read())
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\zipfile.py", line 1240, in writestr
bytes = co.compress(bytes) + co.flush()
MemoryError
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:46:01.279 T:16796 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogNotification.xml) ------
11:46:01.383 T:16388 INFO: Python script stopped
11:46:01.383 T:16388 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 16388 terminating
11:46:01.652 T:16796 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml) -----

Also, when backup fails the notices at the top of my screen showing which files are being backed up just stays there. The backup has crashed but the notice is there. It is stuck showing that it is adding - Addons/Resource.images.weathericons.HD.Animated/REsources.

That folder contains a 169MB Textures file. This was only added in the last week, long after the backups were failing.
(2017-02-23, 07:05)MountainSlide Wrote: Hi everyone, I hate to keep sounding ignorant but I cannot authorize Dropbox or Google Drive in Kodi Backup on my Amazon Fire TV Stick. I really thought I was making progress since I finally found, downloaded, and installed the latest version 1.1.0 .zip file! Now, I'm unable to use the URL/validation code (at the OK dialogue box) correctly in my web browser. Every time I try to, Kodi restarts and the dialogue box is gone causing an authorization error. Is this a limitation of my Amazon Fire TV Stick? If so, is there a workaround?

Rob, I like the way you changed the addon so that the cloud authorization occurs in the setup now. I just wished that I could get it to work for me!

Thank you,

Ron

Where did you find the zip file? Can you paste the link?
It's wherever Kodi puts temp files. Check http://kodi.wiki/view/Special_protocol and look for "special://temp" for your OS.
(2017-03-07, 00:13)msnow Wrote: Where did you find the zip file? Can you paste the link?

Rob's GitHub: https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup
@msnow - As a rule of thumb here look in the first post of the add-on thread for that kind of information (it's in the first post of this thread).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-03-10, 08:28)DarrenHill Wrote: @msnow - As a rule of thumb here look in the first post of the add-on thread for that kind of information (it's in the first post of this thread).

You're absolutely right, it was user error. I downloaded master rather than the krypton branch zip but now I got it v1.10!! Thanks all.
I got error when restoring a back up ' could not find the path store/enulated/0/android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16'
Even this folder was there.
I was in spmc 16.1 on android tv box. I change my box firmware to supercelerom and put this time spmc 16.6.0
Any ideas how it make it works
Exclamation 
Hi Rob! Is there an easy way to reverse the backup and restore function using the cron scheduler? The idea being I would like to schedule all the machines in my house to all have the same files from a common source on my network. I would cron it to run every day at 3am for example. I am fiddling with the code a little bit and wondering if the change would be with scheduler.py or just the default.py script?
Is there a way to do a full backup and restore? I have my backup from my old device and went to put it on my new one. Everything looks fine except no addons and all the shortcuts don't go anywhere. When I manually re-add them, none of my settings are there (like trakt integration, youtube login, custom keyboard settings, etc). I still have my old device but I have to send it back within 10 days. Everything points to here but apparently this doesn't do a full restore.

Can I just copy /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi to the new device?
(2017-03-18, 17:44)bartle_man Wrote: Is there a way to do a full backup and restore? I have my backup from my old device and went to put it on my new one. Everything looks fine except no addons and all the shortcuts don't go anywhere. When I manually re-add them, none of my settings are there (like trakt integration, youtube login, custom keyboard settings, etc). I still have my old device but I have to send it back within 10 days. Everything points to here but apparently this doesn't do a full restore.

Can I just copy /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi to the new device?

2 options:

Either copy the .kodi folder using a android file manager app.

Or, create a backup using backup addon then restore using the addon. When the restore is done without pressing anything pull the plug. This will make the GUISETTINGS and skin settings.xml stick.
Ron or anyone else. I did an unattended backup to Dropbox this morning and the last line of the Kodi logs below makes me think it wasn't successful. There was no onscreen error message but I'm concerned I can't count on this one.

08:19:19.056 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Starting

08:19:19.056 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Local Dir: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

08:19:19.056 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Remote Dir: /201703250819/

08:19:19.076 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Mode - Backup

08:19:20.882 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Creating Files List

08:19:23.616 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Writing files to: /201703250819/

08:19:23.616 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Source: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/

08:24:29.271 T:547497041488 WARNING: CPeripheralBusAndroid: failed to remove input device with ID 10 because it couldn't be found

10:00:12.076 T:368283894656 NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.9: Not all files were copied

I'm extremely new to this so my apologies if I'm in the wrong spot for my issue. I have a 1st gen Shield running Kodi Krypton. I'm trying to do a backup from the backup add-on to a USB stick. I keep getting the "write error detected" message. I can click continue and I see it backing up, but it just doesn't show up on the USB stick. My USB stick is in exfat format. Is that the issue? I know my path is correct. I'd like to avoid having to backup thru EScfile explorer. Anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance.
(2017-03-31, 07:37)Beausky Wrote: I'm extremely new to this so my apologies if I'm in the wrong spot for my issue. I have a 1st gen Shield running Kodi Krypton. I'm trying to do a backup from the backup add-on to a USB stick. I keep getting the "write error detected" message. I can click continue and I see it backing up, but it just doesn't show up on the USB stick. My USB stick is in exfat format. Is that the issue? I know my path is correct. I'd like to avoid having to backup thru EScfile explorer. Anyone had this issue? Thanks in advance.

You can only backup to the internal storage and then move it manually to your USB. The other option is to setup Google Drive or Dropbox with an API key and do it that way. The Google/Dropbox method takes a while to backup though.
The good news is you are able to restore from your USB.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10