• 55(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
Just installed release 1.0.1 with Kodi 14,0 RC2. Seems to be working fine now thanks.
hi... thank you for the quick feedback. I am at work. I will confirm back once I check it back home.
Where can i find the fix?
In the repo - your addon should update automatically. If on Helix it should be 1.0.1
(2014-12-08, 16:38)robweber Wrote: In the repo - your addon should update automatically. If on Helix it should be 1.0.1
Thx!

U r right Smile
Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.
(2014-12-17, 19:07)sleeplesschris Wrote: Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.

What Version of XBMC (Kodi) are you on? 0.6.0 is the highest Gotham version. 1.0.1 is Helix only. I checked the mirror sites and 1.0.1 is there.
(2014-12-17, 22:37)robweber Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 19:07)sleeplesschris Wrote: Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.

What Version of XBMC (Kodi) are you on? 0.6.0 is the highest Gotham version. 1.0.1 is Helix only. I checked the mirror sites and 1.0.1 is there.
ok thanks.
thanks for the useful add-on,

Today I notice that the DB of my last 3 were corrupt. Thankfully I had one more backup.
Would it be possible/make sense[/quote] to check the DB integrity during backup?
a bit like this
Code:
for i in `ls *.db`; do
echo Start "${i}"
    sqlite3 "${i}" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
echo Finish "${i}"
done

not sure how to output if it's corrupt tho (to notify the user) maybe a popup on the screen?
i'm still using gotham ver. and the Backup addon latest version is not compatible with 13.2 gotham...

i'm getting a very small "backup folder" not consisting all info..
(2014-12-21, 02:29)Tilo Wrote: thanks for the useful add-on,

Today I notice that the DB of my last 3 were corrupt. Thankfully I had one more backup.
Would it be possible/make sense
to check the DB integrity during backup?
a bit like this
Code:
for i in `ls *.db`; do
echo Start "${i}"
    sqlite3 "${i}" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
echo Finish "${i}"
done

not sure how to output if it's corrupt tho (to notify the user) maybe a popup on the screen?
[/quote]

this is an interesting idea. I would have to find something cross platform though. Another issue would be you'd have to run the check on the remote device after the file transfer (as that would be the corruption point). Since the types of commands you can run drastically get reduced depending on the target device this might prove impractical. For example, how you would run an integrity check on something that existed in Dropbox cloud storage? The file is no longer local at all, how does the command get executed?

(2014-12-21, 08:25)sabofer Wrote: i'm still using gotham ver. and the Backup addon latest version is not compatible with 13.2 gotham...

I'd need a debug log or something to help with this. the latest version for gotham definitely is compatible.
I cannot get the Dropbox backup to work. Sad I have the DBX app created (have my key/secret in place and configured in the addon) but once the following message appears...

... I simply cannot find the appropriate log. As the the documentation says:

"(...) When you see the prompt regarding the Dropbox URL Authorization DO NOT click OK. Check your Kodi log file for a line from "script.xbmcbackup" containing the authorization URL. (...)"

I immediately ssh into my machine but it seems like that there is no log created (or I was not able to find it). Do I need to activate systemwide logging manually beforehand? Or is the log meant to be created in the addon folder?

OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup # ls -all
total 84
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jan 3 22:45 .
drwxr-xr-x 46 root root 4096 Jan 3 22:45 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1069 Jan 3 22:45 LICENSE.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9252 Jan 3 22:45 README.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20620 Jan 3 22:45 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5053 Jan 3 22:45 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2357 Jan 3 22:45 default.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9152 Jan 3 22:45 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jan 4 14:27 resources
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5586 Jan 3 22:45 scheduler.py

Can somebody tell me where that logfile is created (or which log is meant exactly) to pick up that auth url?

Many thanks for this great addon!
Running Backup v1.0.1 on my Amazon Fire TV (Android) "Kodi 14.0 Helix" install. I cannot get to function after configuring. I receive a "Error: Script Failed! Backup" message when trying to run a backup job.

Once I disable the setting to "compress", I get the script to appear to function, but am warned that the write destination to my SMB share is detected ("Write Error Detected"). I proceed, the Add-On runs like it's backing up, I go onto my Windows box and see that the backup directories were created, but all folders are empty.
(2015-01-04, 23:35)spinmaster Wrote: I cannot get the Dropbox backup to work. Sad I have the DBX app created (have my key/secret in place and configured in the addon) but once the following message appears...

... I simply cannot find the appropriate log. As the the documentation says:

"(...) When you see the prompt regarding the Dropbox URL Authorization DO NOT click OK. Check your Kodi log file for a line from "script.xbmcbackup" containing the authorization URL. (...)"

I immediately ssh into my machine but it seems like that there is no log created (or I was not able to find it). Do I need to activate systemwide logging manually beforehand? Or is the log meant to be created in the addon folder?

OpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup # ls -all
total 84
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jan 3 22:45 .
drwxr-xr-x 46 root root 4096 Jan 3 22:45 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1069 Jan 3 22:45 LICENSE.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9252 Jan 3 22:45 README.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 20620 Jan 3 22:45 addon.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5053 Jan 3 22:45 changelog.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2357 Jan 3 22:45 default.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9152 Jan 3 22:45 icon.png
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jan 4 14:27 resources
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5586 Jan 3 22:45 scheduler.py

Can somebody tell me where that logfile is created (or which log is meant exactly) to pick up that auth url?

Many thanks for this great addon!

The URL is in the main xbmc log file. Looks like you are using OpenElec so something like /storage/.kodi/temp/xbmc.log.

(2015-01-05, 01:41)DruTheFu Wrote: Running Backup v1.0.1 on my Amazon Fire TV (Android) "Kodi 14.0 Helix" install. I cannot get to function after configuring. I receive a "Error: Script Failed! Backup" message when trying to run a backup job.

Once I disable the setting to "compress", I get the script to appear to function, but am warned that the write destination to my SMB share is detected ("Write Error Detected"). I proceed, the Add-On runs like it's backing up, I go onto my Windows box and see that the backup directories were created, but all folders are empty.

Please include a debug log. This is most likely due to a file write issue on the network share but the debug log would confirm.
(2014-12-21, 08:25)sabofer Wrote: i'm still using gotham ver. and the Backup addon latest version is not compatible with 13.2 gotham...

For v13.2 use the XBMC Backup v0.6.0... get it here... http://addons.xbmc.org/show/script.xbmcbackup/

I'm using v13.2 also - I just uninstalled the backup v1.0.1 (which was not working) and installed the v0.6.0 (Downloaded from the above Link) and it's currently working fine for me
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10