[Release] XBMC Backup

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
berkhornet Offline
Just installed release 1.0.1 with Kodi 14,0 RC2. Seems to be working fine now thanks.
find quote
Uj1821 Offline
hi... thank you for the quick feedback. I am at work. I will confirm back once I check it back home.
find quote
b0mb Offline
Where can i find the fix?
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
In the repo - your addon should update automatically. If on Helix it should be 1.0.1
find quote
b0mb Offline
(2014-12-08 16:38)robweber Wrote:  In the repo - your addon should update automatically. If on Helix it should be 1.0.1
Thx!

U r right Smile
find quote
sleeplesschris Offline
Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-12-17 19:07)sleeplesschris Wrote:  Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.

What Version of XBMC (Kodi) are you on? 0.6.0 is the highest Gotham version. 1.0.1 is Helix only. I checked the mirror sites and 1.0.1 is there.
find quote
sleeplesschris Offline
(2014-12-17 22:37)robweber Wrote:  
(2014-12-17 19:07)sleeplesschris Wrote:  Only version 0.6.0 shows up in the repo. How do I get the latest version? Thanks.

What Version of XBMC (Kodi) are you on? 0.6.0 is the highest Gotham version. 1.0.1 is Helix only. I checked the mirror sites and 1.0.1 is there.
ok thanks.
find quote
Tilo Offline
thanks for the useful add-on,

Today I notice that the DB of my last 3 were corrupt. Thankfully I had one more backup.
Would it be possible/make sense[/quote] to check the DB integrity during backup?
a bit like this
Code:
for i in `ls *.db`; do
echo Start "${i}"
    sqlite3 "${i}" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
echo Finish "${i}"
done

not sure how to output if it's corrupt tho (to notify the user) maybe a popup on the screen?
find quote
sabofer Offline
i'm still using gotham ver. and the Backup addon latest version is not compatible with 13.2 gotham...

i'm getting a very small "backup folder" not consisting all info..
find quote
robweber Offline
Posting Freak
(2014-12-21 02:29)Tilo Wrote:  thanks for the useful add-on,

Today I notice that the DB of my last 3 were corrupt. Thankfully I had one more backup.
Would it be possible/make sense
to check the DB integrity during backup?
a bit like this
Code:
for i in `ls *.db`; do
echo Start "${i}"
    sqlite3 "${i}" "PRAGMA integrity_check"
echo Finish "${i}"
done

not sure how to output if it's corrupt tho (to notify the user) maybe a popup on the screen?
[/quote]

this is an interesting idea. I would have to find something cross platform though. Another issue would be you'd have to run the check on the remote device after the file transfer (as that would be the corruption point). Since the types of commands you can run drastically get reduced depending on the target device this might prove impractical. For example, how you would run an integrity check on something that existed in Dropbox cloud storage? The file is no longer local at all, how does the command get executed?

(2014-12-21 08:25)sabofer Wrote:  i'm still using gotham ver. and the Backup addon latest version is not compatible with 13.2 gotham...

i'm getting a very small "backup folder" not consisting all info..

I'd need a debug log or something to help with this. the latest version for gotham definitely is compatible.
find quote