• 66(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
I did a full back up using community builds on my laptop and saved it to my USB stick. I am trying To install it on my fire tv stick via the USB port on my tv but it is not seeing the USB device. Any ideas what I can do? Sorry if it's a noob question.
@robweber
Can you please add an option to run the backup ASAP/with defined delay when Kodi is opened if the last schedule is missed? That will be great.
(2015-05-12, 18:24)garbokawa Wrote: @robweber
Can you please add an option to run the backup ASAP/with defined delay when Kodi is opened if the last schedule is missed? That will be great.

I'll look into that. It would have to be an option as most people would find the backup running after startup kind of annoying. I can see how in some instances though it might be what you want.

I've just submitted the most up to date version to the Kodi Repo. Usually this gets accepted within a day or so. The new version includes many of the fixes pointed out over the last month, including a great catch on github from brokeh to fix growing zip archives. Google Drive support has also been added for those interested in that.
Hi Rob, I'm wondering if it is possible for ME to preconfigure your Addon by adjusting the code in the settings.xml in resources folder. I have managed to get all the check marks okay, for example it will compress backups. My problem is that I can't seems to get the TYPE path and BROWSE path to show up.
Is this at all possible, can I add in another line or something?
If got everything I need apart from being able to preconfigure the browse path. When I updated the ADDON from 1.2 to 1.5 it kicked the browse path out of the userdata. Any ideas on how to get my path in the browse path section?
Thanks.
Is it possible to clear out the userdata settings by installing the addon or do they have to be deleted manually??
Kodi repo is updated to 1.5 - enjoy the Google Drive support for those that were waiting for that.

@ed_davidson

You can only set the browse path or type a path manually. If you have browse path setup in the settings and then try to set a typed path via writing the settings.xml file it will kick one of them out. When I explain it like that it sounds stupid, so I'm going to research more why it does that. That logic was written so long ago I can't remember why it was done that way.

Regarding the userdata settings, do you mean like wiping the userdata folder or the addon_data folder? This addon will never do that. It only add files to the existing folders, never delete them. Is that what you were asking?
Hi Rob,
I did think that in the past I was able to preconfigure the addon by writing the settings file in the userdata folder and have it stick but not since your update. Maybe I am mistaken.

Regarding the wiping of files my question is this. For example: if I have a folder in the addon_data folder called plugin.video.genesis and inside that folder is a file called settings.xml and another one called favourites.db. Would it be possible to restore the settings.xml file with new info and leave the favourites.db file as it was? Or would everything in the plugin.video.genesis folder get replaced with whatever is in the new restore? Or, if I removed the favourites.db file from the restore,would the favourites file be left untouched by the new restore or would the new plugin.video.genesis folder be missing the favourites.db file.

Hope this makes sense.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227284

any1 can help me?
Hi Rob,

I had the following box come up when trying to do a restore from a compressed backup. A picture of the screenshot is attached.

Weird thing is if when this box comes up I then do a backup and try the restore again it works fine.

There is nothing in the log but I have posted it anyway.

Cheers

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pzzzjzf5e
(2015-05-18, 16:19)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Rob,
I did think that in the past I was able to preconfigure the addon by writing the settings file in the userdata folder and have it stick but not since your update. Maybe I am mistaken.

Regarding the wiping of files my question is this. For example: if I have a folder in the addon_data folder called plugin.video.genesis and inside that folder is a file called settings.xml and another one called favourites.db. Would it be possible to restore the settings.xml file with new info and leave the favourites.db file as it was? Or would everything in the plugin.video.genesis folder get replaced with whatever is in the new restore? Or, if I removed the favourites.db file from the restore,would the favourites file be left untouched by the new restore or would the new plugin.video.genesis folder be missing the favourites.db file.

Hope this makes sense.

There is no reason you can't write to the settings.xml file yourself. The code does specify though that if you have set a browsed path, it will delete the typed path. Again, I have no idea why at the moment as it has been that way for so long. I'm going to review what necessitated this. It could no longer be an issue.

Everything in the restore gets written back to the destination. So if favourties.db exists in the restore, your local copy is going to be erased. You are correct that deleting it from the archive first will make sure it leaves the local copy alone. The idea is that if you did a fresh Kodi install and wanted your settings back, it would copy everything so that default files would go back to your previous settings. If you need to selectively restore something it doesn't work that way. Although, a selective restore function would be kind of cool - that might be a feature request for another time.

(2015-05-18, 19:18)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Rob,

I had the following box come up when trying to do a restore from a compressed backup. A picture of the screenshot is attached.

Weird thing is if when this box comes up I then do a backup and try the restore again it works fine.

There is nothing in the log but I have posted it anyway.

Cheers

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pzzzjzf5e

Thanks for the log, I will take a look. When you do the backup first, then restore. Are you sure it's using your restore point and not just using the temp zip file from the backup instead? The reason I ask is that if the zip file isn't transferred from your backup location, for whatever reason, you get that error. Basically it can't do the restore since the file doesn't exist. If the zip file was never cleaned up from your backup (again, this happens as your filesystem may deny Kodi the chance to delete it) it may just use that file instead.

I'll review the log and run some tests on my end.
I'm not sure I completely understand but I'm sure the zip file is being downloaded from my FTP server to the local drive. Hope this helps.
I hope someone can help me with a minor issue i have with notifications. I use this addon to backup Kodi to my NAS at 3pm daily, sometimes my NAS isnt online and the backup starts and the first notification is "gathering file lists...". Problem is with my NAS being offline this notification doesnt disappear and i cant figure out how to make it disappear without a reboot.

Any ideas on how to stop this notification appearing when my NAS is offline?
I have used backup to create a full backup of kodi. i then transfer that file onto a usb stick. i install the same version of kodi on another device, but same model. run the backup addon to restore. everything goes as it should but i get errors on everything. none of my addons work and it says restore failed check log for more info. where do i find this log and i will post it here?
Rob, been using Backup addon installed via Leopold's "OpenELEC Dev Update" program addon for a while without problems but recently it stopped working.

I believe I have Backup Version 1.0.5 installed and backup is currently not working stating error check log.

I initially posted information with link to kodi log file in this post

Any help appreciated, already tried to simply remove and re-install backup addon but kodi advises me that I cannot do this as its linked to Leopold addon
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10