• 77(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2015-09-02, 00:58)ed_davidson Wrote: If you go to the kodi repo can you install any other addons?

I've tried downloading other addons and some download fine and others don't. Very weird.
(2015-09-02, 04:56)dmcjr22 Wrote: ive installed it multiple times in the last two days it works...try uninstalling and reinstall kodi

I don't want to lose my setup, that why I want the backup program
Update: downloads fine on kodi 15.1 but won't on 14.2
Can someone please help Sad

I have Gotham 13.2 running on a Linux NUC with a little USB stick in the back, on to which I store backups.

It's been running well for about a year.

Last night, it froze, crashed, and I restarted and everything was "hosed". So I installed XBMC back up and tried to restore from the backup on the USB. But I get the message "Error: Remote filepath doesn't exist."

So I click OK, then it spends a couple of hours apparently restoring, but nothing happens at the end, it's just back to "factory" settings.

Anyone have any suggestions please?
Hello. New user to Kodi and I've installed the backup plugin. I'm trying to backup to a Google drive and receive the below error:

Code:
22:07:32 T:5664  NOTICE: Authentication successful.
22:07:32 T:5664  NOTICE: None
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Starting
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Local Dir: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Remote Dir: 201509212207/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Mode - Backup
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Creating Files List
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201509212207/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/
22:07:54 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201509212207/custom_6a9a259c/
22:07:54 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Cinema Vision/
22:10:48 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: /Kodi Backup/
22:10:48 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cache/
22:10:48 T:5664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 278, in run
                                                fileCopied = self.backupFiles(fileManager.getFiles(),self.xbmc_vfs, self.remote_vfs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 482, in backupFiles
                                                wroteFile = dest.put(aFile,dest.root_path + aFile[len(source.root_path):])
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 396, in put
                                                newFile.Upload()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\files.py", line 226, in Upload
                                                self._FilesInsert(param=param)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\auth.py", line 54, in _decorated
                                                return decoratee(self, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\files.py", line 246, in _FilesInsert
                                                metadata = self.auth.service.files().insert(**param).execute()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.googleapi\lib\apiclient\discovery.py", line 750, in method
                                                payload = media_upload.getbytes(0, media_upload.size())
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.googleapi\lib\apiclient\http.py", line 357, in getbytes
                                                return self._fd.read(length)
                                            MemoryError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anybody have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Hi I am using Backup successfully on Windows and Android.

two questions

Why don't the shortcuts on the confluence screen backup?

Why isn't the addon Data setting - set On - as a default in the settings?

Thanks for any reply
(2015-09-26, 10:39)lazylimey Wrote: Hi I am using Backup successfully on Windows and Android.

two questions

Thanks for any reply

you need to copy the guisettings.xml file from your backup onto your new install whilst kodi isnt running
(2015-09-26, 12:15)pusb87 Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 10:39)lazylimey Wrote: Hi I am using Backup successfully on Windows and Android.

two questions

Thanks for any reply

you need to copy the guisettings.xml file from your backup onto your new install whilst kodi isnt running

Or to get the guisettings to stick you can do a force shutdown.
On Windows ctrl+alt+delete, bring up task manager then find kodi.exe and end process.
On android there is a way to do a force shutdown but I just pull the power plug out of the wall.
On reboot everything is how it should be.
(2015-09-22, 05:46)OtheA Wrote: Hello. New user to Kodi and I've installed the backup plugin. I'm trying to backup to a Google drive and receive the below error:

Code:
22:07:32 T:5664  NOTICE: Authentication successful.
22:07:32 T:5664  NOTICE: None
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Starting
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Local Dir: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Remote Dir: 201509212207/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Mode - Backup
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Creating Files List
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201509212207/
22:07:33 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/
22:07:54 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: 201509212207/custom_6a9a259c/
22:07:54 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Cinema Vision/
22:10:48 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: /Kodi Backup/
22:10:48 T:5664  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: C:/Users/HTPC/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/cache/
22:10:48 T:5664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\default.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 278, in run
                                                fileCopied = self.backupFiles(fileManager.getFiles(),self.xbmc_vfs, self.remote_vfs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\backup.py", line 482, in backupFiles
                                                wroteFile = dest.put(aFile,dest.root_path + aFile[len(source.root_path):])
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\vfs.py", line 396, in put
                                                newFile.Upload()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\files.py", line 226, in Upload
                                                self._FilesInsert(param=param)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\auth.py", line 54, in _decorated
                                                return decoratee(self, *args, **kwargs)
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.xbmcbackup\resources\lib\pydrive\files.py", line 246, in _FilesInsert
                                                metadata = self.auth.service.files().insert(**param).execute()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.googleapi\lib\apiclient\discovery.py", line 750, in method
                                                payload = media_upload.getbytes(0, media_upload.size())
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.googleapi\lib\apiclient\http.py", line 357, in getbytes
                                                return self._fd.read(length)
                                            MemoryError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Anybody have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Nobody?
I'm just taking a guess here - the error is in the google libraries. The ones throwing the error are in the functions "media_upload.getbytes()" and "fd.read(length)". The error itself is a MemoryError.

I think a good educated guess here is that the file you are trying to upload is too large for the library, it is trying to get the file size of the payload for chunking, and you are running out of memory. Now your system itself probably isn't using all it's memory, but the memory allocated to python for such an operation is running out.

Are you compressing the backups? If so just try not doing that. If you aren't compressing then there is a file, or set of files, that is just too big for the library to handle.
(2015-09-30, 15:31)robweber Wrote: I'm just taking a guess here - the error is in the google libraries. The ones throwing the error are in the functions "media_upload.getbytes()" and "fd.read(length)". The error itself is a MemoryError.

I think a good educated guess here is that the file you are trying to upload is too large for the library, it is trying to get the file size of the payload for chunking, and you are running out of memory. Now your system itself probably isn't using all it's memory, but the memory allocated to python for such an operation is running out.

Are you compressing the backups? If so just try not doing that. If you aren't compressing then there is a file, or set of files, that is just too big for the library to handle.

Thanks Rob. I'll give it a shot. I am compressing the backups, so I'll disabled that option. If that doesn't work, I'll try cutting out the custom path I have backing up also and update the topic with the results.
I disabled the compression and received a different error. I turned off my custom directory and turned back on compression and it worked. I tried a restore and it threw another error. I'm just going to backup to an external hard drive which works without error. Thanks for the time.
Hi, I love the idea behind this but seem to be having some issue with uploading to my DB, it uploads to another HD just fine. I did put in my key and secret so I am clueless. Here's the log
The log says your app key is invalid. Maybe you put them in the wrong spots?
hello,i am new to kodi,and i have a limited space on my android box,so i used http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_data...or_Android for store my kodi file in sd card,but after i change it,every time i go in kodi,its showing backup script failed,this is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/pg0wdrqpp ,thanks for your help.
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10