• 88(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
(2016-05-29, 01:32)JimK Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 09:16)daherlihy Wrote: Hi there,

I use Kodi across a variety of devices (tablet, phone, windows PC, latop and raspberry Pi). I try to keep the same add-ons and settings between them all and Google Drive is my preference in terms of backing up to and restoring from using the Backup add-on. However after entering my Google account email address and password in the addon settings, I keep on getting presented with this:

I generated the Google Applications Password and entered into there, but got an error notification then in the bottom right.

Can anyone tell me what I need to be doing here? I've searched this thread already but was unable to find the solution.

Did you get the google drive api activation URL from the Kodi log and goto that URL and ptess 'Allow' and received device activation code
Afraid not ... can you refer me to the instructions I need to follow to go about this?
I used Backup to create a backup on one android box, all options chosen, also entered custom directory one where I store my backgrounds etc., to copy the back up to a usb stick to restore on a different android box.
Both android boxes have stable release Jarvis 16.1 installed, the target android box was a clean install from play store and Backup addon installed.
The restore appeared to be stuck at 99% cleaning up, after waiting half an hour at this point I cancelled the restore and all seems ok.
Any idea why the restore stuck at 99%, was I too impatient after waiting only over half an hour?
Yesterday I tried to use a backup that I made from SPMC on the new alpha v17 of Kodi. Previous, some months ago, I was on Kodi 16.1 but has DTS-MHD was ceased (from experimental builds) I decided to move to SPMC. Then successfully I did made a backup on Kodi and restore it fine to SPMC. Now with the release of alpha v17, knowing that already has support for pass-trough of HD audio codecs, I decided to make a jump.
I made a backup on SPMC and went on Kodi to make the restore. On kodi, data was as I leave it some months ago. I tried that time, no go... nothing was replaced by the backup. Made a 2nd time and the same. Then I decided to clean data from Kodi. 3rd tentative and still nothing!! Nothing was restore even with after a clean data on Kodi !! I also exit Kodi in between and even force to close it in app settings, but nothing came from the restore...

Any ideas why this didn't work??
Where can I look for the logs?
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2016-07-06, 11:48)onesolo Wrote: Yesterday I tried to use a backup that I made from SPMC on the new alpha v17 of Kodi. Previous, some months ago, I was on Kodi 16.1 but has DTS-MHD was ceased (from experimental builds) I decided to move to SPMC. Then successfully I did made a backup on Kodi and restore it fine to SPMC. Now with the release of alpha v17, knowing that already has support for pass-trough of HD audio codecs, I decided to make a jump.
I made a backup on SPMC and went on Kodi to make the restore. On kodi, data was as I leave it some months ago. I tried that time, no go... nothing was replaced by the backup. Made a 2nd time and the same. Then I decided to clean data from Kodi. 3rd tentative and still nothing!! Nothing was restore even with after a clean data on Kodi !! I also exit Kodi in between and even force to close it in app settings, but nothing came from the restore...

Any ideas why this didn't work??
Where can I look for the logs?
Not sure if I have the same issue as you, but effectively when I restored add-ons using the Backup app-on on Kodi v17, the add-ons wouldn't appear for me (in Videos, Add-ons, etc.)

So I then went into Kodi (home menu) > Add-ons > Add-on Browser (bottom left box-icon)> My Add-ons > All, and they all were there, DISABLED! So I went through enabling each one, and after a reboot the add-ons appeared where expected. I've no idea if this is something that needs patching within Kodi or the Backup add-on.

Hopefully this helps you; if you could help me in return set up Backup in association with Google Drive, I'd really appreciate that too Smile
Nope, for me I don't have that thing with the addons disabled...
Mine simple doesn't restore anything from SPMC.
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Hi all,

I installed the Backup program addon and now i want to make a back up and install this backup onto my friends Android box and Kodi. So that he have exactly the same Kodi as i have.

After installing the addon i set up the backup path. When i now try to make a backup, i keep getting the message 'Write error detected'. I already formated my usb and even tried three other usb's with the same results. I also tried two different sd cards, no help either...Any idea or suggestions what im doing wrong here?

Im using Kodi 16.1 and have a M8S+ Android box, Thanks in advance all!

Manado
I have made my backups to dropbox, but I keep getting dropbox connection errors. Is it possible to download the actual backup info so I can save it on the local harddrive and execute the backup from there?
(2016-07-26, 09:21)Ryangodammit Wrote: I have made my backups to dropbox, but I keep getting dropbox connection errors. Is it possible to download the actual backup info so I can save it on the local harddrive and execute the backup from there?

Yes. Just use the dropbox desktop and sync the folder.

Sent from my iPhone
Hi. I have installed v1.0.6 of Backup onto 16.1 jarvis (on win10 pro). The thing is that the setting "Backups to keep" seems to have no effect whatsoever. I set the setting to '1' or '2' to keep. And the older ones should deleted. Then I manually trigger it 3, 4 times, and all the previous backups remain there afterwards.

My backup destination is a direct smb:// share url.

.. Ah:

Because my manually entered path did not end in a /
So I changed that and it works now.
When I disable the option to back up thumbnails/fanart it only ignores the master thumbnails folder, but will still backup all of the profiles thumbnails folders.

Thumbnails can take up a lot of space. Please make it not backup the profiles thumbnails folders if this option is disabled. Smile
I made a backup 2 days ago and it was successfull.
now I'm trying to restore and it doesn't go well.
the log says "bad zip file" – how can it be?
is there any chance I can recover from that backup?
thanks!

Code:
22:23:17 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Starting
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Local Dir: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Remote Dir: /storage/sda2/
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Mode - Restore
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: copying zip file: 201609202246.zip
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Writing files to: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/temp/
22:23:19 T:18446744072039750544  NOTICE: script.xbmcbackup-1.0.6: Source: /storage/sda2/
22:23:48 T:18446744072039750544   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'zipfile.BadZipfile'>
                                            Error Contents: File is not a zip file
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/default.py", line 73, in <module>
                                                backup.run(mode)
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/backup.py", line 311, in run
                                                zip_vfs = ZipFileSystem(xbmc.translatePath("special://temp/"+ self.restore_point),'r')
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.xbmcbackup/resources/lib/vfs.py", line 84, in __init__
                                                self.zip = zipfile.ZipFile(rootString,mode=mode,compression=zipfile.ZIP_DEFLATED,allowZip64=True)
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 770, in __init__
                                              File "/home/jenkins/workspace/Android-ARM/tools/depends/xbmc-depends/arm-linux-androideabi-android-17/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 811, in _RealGetContents
                                            BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Have You tried opening the zipfile with 7Zip, WinRAR or similar?
Just to see if it's corrupt or not.
(2016-09-22, 12:43)JockeSve Wrote: Have You tried opening the zipfile with 7Zip, WinRAR or similar?

yes, I tried on my mac with other applications, the ZIP file can't be opened.
do you think it's corrupt?
the Backup addon however said that the backup was successfull – what went wrong?
did I just lost all of my settings? Sad
(2016-09-22, 12:59)pabba Wrote:
(2016-09-22, 12:43)JockeSve Wrote: Have You tried opening the zipfile with 7Zip, WinRAR or similar?

yes, I tried on my mac with other applications, the ZIP file can't be opened.
do you think it's corrupt?
the Backup addon however said that the backup was successfull – what went wrong?
did I just lost all of my settings? Sad

Is your box/Kodi still running, as before you tried to do a restore?

If not, what state is it in?
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10