• 90(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
thanks I will use it for future backups.
now back to restoring EVERYTHING from scratch Sad
(2016-09-23, 12:42)pabba Wrote: thanks I will use it for future backups.
now back to restoring EVERYTHING from scratch Sad

Have sent you PM that may save you some time
can't reply to your pm:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
(2016-09-23, 13:52)pabba Wrote: can't reply to your pm:

NPs, may be you have to do so many posts before you can respond.

Good luck sorting out your build, and future backups
ok thanks, slowly rebuilding my config
Hi everyone, I have a few questions:
1) Where to read how to setup backup to Google Drive/Dropbox? I.e. where to get all these keys etc. Believe, this information should be added to the first post here or/and to the wiki;
2) Is there any way to add prefix to archived backups? For ex., to have names like `kodi201609251320.zip` instead of just `201609251320.zip`?
I was wondering the same thing. I don't know how to get the key for Google Drive or Dropbox.

(2016-09-25, 12:33)and7ey Wrote: Hi everyone, I have a few questions:
1) Where to read how to setup backup to Google Drive/Dropbox? I.e. where to get all these keys etc. Believe, this information should be added to the first post here or/and to the wiki;
2) Is there any way to add prefix to archived backups? For ex., to have names like `kodi201609251320.zip` instead of just `201609251320.zip`?
Question 
I have the addon 'Backup' on my AFTV stick, but can't figure out how to backup to the Goggle Drive or to Dropbox. It's asking for a code or something. I've googled, but cannot figure it out. Can anyone explain how to do this. Confused Huh
I have downloaded the add-on. Im simply attempting to backup Kodi config via ssh connection with my MAC. I have the path in correctly and I can maneuver my folders on my mac from my apple tv. but when I got to backup, I get an error stating that not all files were copied. When i search it it shows that nothing was copied. Have know idea what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestionsHuh/

Thanks,
(2016-12-04, 19:09)Benefield Wrote: I have downloaded the add-on. Im simply attempting to backup Kodi config via ssh connection with my MAC. I have the path in correctly and I can maneuver my folders on my mac from my apple tv. but when I got to backup, I get an error stating that not all files were copied. When i search it it shows that nothing was copied. Have know idea what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestionsHuh/

Thanks,

My advice would be to install the Dbmc addon. Save your zipped backup to somewhere local say .kodi. Then using the Dbmc addon to upload the zip.
I want to full backup my Windows Kodi 16.1 and transfer it to an Android box. How can I do this? Can I use this program or there is an another method?
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I backed up an Android setup (ALL settings and files) for Kodi and restored it to Windows and now all my controls and context menus are just like they were on Android! For example, now on Windows I have to "long press" to bring up the context menu for addons and such instead of simply right-clicking like before. It's VERY confusing. Can anyone guide me to the right place to correct this problem and get the controls back to normal Windows style controls and context menus? I would appreciate it VERY much! Thanks in advance for any and all help!

<3

EDIT: VVM SOLVED

Apparently this was a "SuperFavorites" issue from backing up Super Favorites settings on Android and Restoring to Windows. I had to go to SF menu and change "Global Menu" settings and other context menu settings to resolve. Thanks anyway!
(2016-12-06, 08:22)xalaros10 Wrote: I want to full backup my Windows Kodi 16.1 and transfer it to an Android box. How can I do this? Can I use this program or there is an another method?
This is possible yes. I just did the reverse. Backup will say the restore is from a different version and ask if you want to continue. Just say yes. You may not want to backup ALL settings and profile info though as when I did the reverse, the controls on Windows now act like Android controls. (Long press instead of right click, different context menus, etc.) Maybe make a couple different backups one with all settings and one without and try each one? Of course, if you want to backup ALL settings you have to select the checkboxes in the program's configuration menu. The default settings don't backup ALL settings (I don't think). So maybe that's where I went wrong, lol. By default, if you don't change anything in the settings before making a backup on Android, I would say restoring it to Windows wouldn't cause the problem described above but I wanted to make you aware of it just in case. Smile

Backing up Super Favorites settings caused me some minor issues. I also had to point addons to their respective folders on Windows from Android as they are different. For example :The Super Favorites save folder is a different directory on Android than it is on Windows so you will have to manually edit the settings later on the target device since it is not the same OS as your backup.

<3
I have a Rasp Pi running Helix and want to replace it with a new Asus Chromebox. Can i restore my backup from the Pi to the Chromebox or will this likely cause issues. Just some best practice of what to backup/restore would be appreciated, thanks.
(2016-12-11, 10:26)GodsFirstThought Wrote:
(2016-12-06, 08:22)xalaros10 Wrote: I want to full backup my Windows Kodi 16.1 and transfer it to an Android box. How can I do this? Can I use this program or there is an another method?
This is possible yes. I just did the reverse. Backup will say the restore is from a different version and ask if you want to continue. Just say yes. You may not want to backup ALL settings and profile info though as when I did the reverse, the controls on Windows now act like Android controls. (Long press instead of right click, different context menus, etc.) Maybe make a couple different backups one with all settings and one without and try each one? Of course, if you want to backup ALL settings you have to select the checkboxes in the program's configuration menu. The default settings don't backup ALL settings (I don't think). So maybe that's where I went wrong, lol. By default, if you don't change anything in the settings before making a backup on Android, I would say restoring it to Windows wouldn't cause the problem described above but I wanted to make you aware of it just in case. Smile

Backing up Super Favorites settings caused me some minor issues. I also had to point addons to their respective folders on Windows from Android as they are different. For example :The Super Favorites save folder is a different directory on Android than it is on Windows so you will have to manually edit the settings later on the target device since it is not the same OS as your backup.

<3

I transfer my build from my Android box to my WIN10 laptop and have the same issue.

Last week I was pointed in this direction:- http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution and it works a treat

You just have to map the top level directory, not all the sub-directories

I don't bother with any back up addon, just copy the hidden .kodi folder on Android to the hidden Kodi file on Windows, or vice versa
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10