How to switch from XBMC to Ubuntu in XBMCbuntu
Information 
HI,

i just installed XBMCbuntu and want to switch do UBuntu/Lubuntu/UNityHuh

Where i can do some settings for my grahics

i hope you understand my problem, i don't know how to explain... Sad

switch means something like log out from xbmc and login to ubuntu.

thx
Information 
Quote:switch means something like log out from xbmc and login to ubuntu.
Yes....have to you tried to exit xbmc and loginto the xbmcbuntu session?

EDIT: Or read one of the many many threads asking the same question.
To login to ubuntu (lubuntu for xbmcbuntu) just exit from xbmc, then you choose user : ubuntu and you enter your login and password you have choosen during installation of xbmcbuntu.

Wink
how do you autologin from exit of xbmc please ?

How to exit from xbmc GUI?
does username: ubuntu already exist in default system ?
(2012-09-19, 06:11)peeves Wrote: How to exit from xbmc GUI?
Click the "Power" icon on the lower-left of the screen.
Quote:does username: ubuntu already exist in default system ?
If you are running XBMCbuntu in "live" mode, the default username is XBMC, password is blank. If you installed XBMCbuntu on your system, the username/password are whatever username/password you chose during installation and setup.

Can someone help? I dont have a user "ubuntu"
who is talking about user ubuntu? See the answer above. If you are running of the CD/USB user is xbmc if you have installed you have yourself selcted user/pwd and we do not know what you entered.
yeah, next time they should bridge xbmc & xbmcbuntu directly somehow. I get tired of logging in and out of both as well. my2c.
(2012-09-21, 07:46)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: yeah, next time they should bridge xbmc & xbmcbuntu directly somehow. I get tired of logging in and out of both as well. my2c.
Just have your system boot into the XBMCbuntu desktop all the time and have an auto-start job to launch XBMC. This will give you the impression that the system boots directly in XBMC, yet you have the option at any time to windowize/minimize XBMC to access the underlying OS via the desktop. No log-out/log-in necessary. Additionally, this lets you launch applications from within XBMC that require a window manager (e.g., web browser). Personally, I'm not very fond of running XBMC "stand-alone" since I want easy access to the OS without having to go into the console.
(2012-09-21, 08:14)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-09-21, 07:46)Bunto Skiffler Wrote: yeah, next time they should bridge xbmc & xbmcbuntu directly somehow. I get tired of logging in and out of both as well. my2c.
Just have your system boot into the XBMCbuntu desktop all the time and have an auto-start job to launch XBMC. This will give you the impression that the system boots directly in XBMC, yet you have the option at any time to windowize/minimize XBMC to access the underlying OS via the desktop. No log-out/log-in necessary. Additionally, this lets you launch applications from within XBMC that require a window manager (e.g., web browser). Personally, I'm not very fond of running XBMC "stand-alone" since I want easy access to the OS without having to go into the console.

Is there a way to do this? When I launch xbmc from the desktop, it seems to log me out of the desktop (all of my browser windows close and programs like sabnzbd and sickbeard stop working).
(2012-10-29, 00:46)TPinson Wrote: Is there a way to do this? When I launch xbmc from the desktop, it seems to log me out of the desktop (all of my browser windows close and programs like sabnzbd and sickbeard stop working).

Which version of XBMC and Linux are you using? If you launch a web browser from your desktop, then launch XBMC and then windowize XBMC, is the web browser window still displayed on your desktop?
i am interested in this too.
What Settings do i have to change so that it boots to desktop and then launches xbmc?
Version is the latest download from website
If you have another linux machine (i run Xubuntu), you can administer the xbmc machine from that using ssh.
At the terminal of the other machine run:-
"ssh user@ip address -X"

then enter the password of the xbmc machine when prompted.

In the above "user" is the xbmc machine username and the ip address is that of the xbmc machine (helps if it is set to fixed rather than DHCP).
Most apps will run on the xbmc machine and display on the other machine unless they need specific gfx drivers.
Hi All,

I have xbmcbuntu live 12.2 on a usb stick. I exit xbmc and tried to log into the linux os with xbmc no password. The computer just goes into the xbmc software again. I dont get the linux prompt. How can I fix this.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch from XBMC to Ubuntu in XBMCbuntu1