Install Additional Drivers for XBMCbuntu
I've just set up XBMCbuntu on my media centre PC and, mostly, it works perfectly. I now want to get the MythTV backend working on it so that I can use it as a PVR. I know that my TV tuner card (a Hauppauge WinTV Nova 500) can be made to work with Ubuntu because I had it working previously, albeit not with XBMCbuntu.

I know that the card is still reporting itself (i.e. the magic smoke hasn't yet evaporated) because XBMC can 'see' it:
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 2040:9950 Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T-500

...And I know how to install it under Vanilla Ubuntu - I'd go to the Additional Drivers panel in Administration and install 'Firmware for DVB Cards'

My question is - how do I install 'Firmware for DVB Cards' in XBMCbuntu since I can't find the 'Additional Drivers' panel anywhere?

Thanks in advance!
Drop to a terminal or SSH into the machine and try

sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree

Sent from my Desire HD 2
Thanks for getting back to me. It kind of worked. It worked insofar as it installed the drivers. It didn't work in that MythTV still can't see my TV card. Which is weird because it could before. If anyone has a clever idea then please let me know - because I'm all out of ideas!
Does the output of 'dmesg' show anything relating to the dvb card?

You can use 'dmesg | grep XXX' to search for specific text in the dmesg output, with XXX being what you want to search for...

Sent from my Desire HD 2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install Additional Drivers for XBMCbuntu0