• 4(current)
Yet Another Confluence Mod
I like lowlist too, its nice to be able to see the fanart.

(2012-04-30, 21:34)mad-max Wrote: Feel free to grab views...
BTW: one of my favorites: lowlist for movies Big Grin

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

I made a bunch of playlists for tv genres etc if anyone is interested
I just need a place to upload them.

(2012-04-30, 11:37)Mudislander Wrote: If Anyone's interested HERE are a few simple playlists to help fill out the main menu. They're not mine but are playlists I've come across while playing with various skins. Obviously the best place to extract and store them to would be --> XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\

In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

(2012-04-30, 21:31)Mudislander Wrote: Mad-Max's views would probably drop in quite easily. If anyone does a view for the mod - that I like - it'll be included Smile

To start off with there's two I'll be adding - First a media info view (my favourite of the moment) and the genre view (wife's favourite view - needed to run mod on main TV)

Looks sweet! Nod

The main reason I use Aeon Nox now is the freedom it gives me to attach playlists to any of the home window buttons. But, as Nox grows, it gets heavier and heavier so your mod is the best next thing. With a few additions it'll be the best.

Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2012-05-01, 01:36)wilson.joe Wrote: I made a bunch of playlists for tv genres etc if anyone is interested

(2012-04-30, 11:37)Mudislander Wrote: If Anyone's interested HERE are a few simple playlists to help fill out the main menu. They're not mine but are playlists I've come across while playing with various skins. Obviously the best place to extract and store them to would be --> XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\

I'll host them for you no problem, just need to organise it Smile

Noli illegitimi carborundum

May I make a little suggestion, would it be possible if one doesn't have any addons
on the homepage that the menu could be auto dropped to a lower position i think
it would look better, especially if all one has on the menu is playlists.Something
similiar to the minimal mod, just a thought. Looks great, coming alot nicely.

edit: darn spelling..
What do you mean by organize them?

(2012-05-01, 10:28)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 01:36)wilson.joe Wrote: I made a bunch of playlists for tv genres etc if anyone is interested

(2012-05-01, 08:59)minimoe Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 21:31)Mudislander Wrote: Mad-Max's views would probably drop in quite easily. If anyone does a view for the mod - that I like - it'll be included Smile

To start off with there's two I'll be adding - First a media info view (my favourite of the moment) and the genre view (wife's favourite view - needed to run mod on main TV)

Looks sweet! Nod

The main reason I use Aeon Nox now is the freedom it gives me to attach playlists to any of the home window buttons. But, as Nox grows, it gets heavier and heavier so your mod is the best next thing. With a few additions it'll be the best.

Looks like lowlist has made the grade. would like to keep this mod reasonably light - direct contradiction is adding "script.randomandlastitems" to every button.
I'd like to change the video Info/OSD to the one in Convergence. Trying to stay away from DVD cases, but a CD case has crept in if you notice. maybe a bar with library stats - only because I can get it to work on playlists as well as the main DB. Would like better support fror a couple of scripts/addons like pseudoTV and advanced launcher.

Not bad for something that started life as proof of concept for another skin Smile

Anyway everyone is welcome to shout out what they'd like to see - some stuff will get added, some won't

(2012-05-01, 10:29)wilson.joe Wrote: May I make a little suggestion, would it be possible if one doesn't have any addons
on the homepage that the menu could be auto dropped to a lower position i think
it would look better, especially if all one has on the menu is playlists.Something
similiar to the minimal mod, just a thought. Looks great, coming alot nicely.

edit: darn spelling..
What do you mean by organize them?

(2012-05-01, 10:28)Mudislander Wrote:

Re playlist, was thinking of pubilc ftp permissions on my old web page, I stick quite a lot of stuff up there - but probably quicker if not too big PM me with attachment (or I could send you my email address).

Re the position of the home bar, I was actually thinking of it while at work this morning. I don't use any addons on the home page and actually would prefer it lower, but I'd like to stay away from looking exactly like mad-max's mod. With the bar right up where it is I also don't think it's worthwile having fanart on the homescreen. Will leave this one up in the air for a bit and see what happens.

BTW your spelling can't be nearly as bad as mine Big Grin

Ok I will send them via pm if that will work. I think the theme runs faster without
the fanart on the home menu. Though Im a bit hooked on the red so I pulled it
over to the folders. I'm really liking the suggested videos and albums from the playlists.

(2012-05-01, 10:28)Mudislander Wrote: I'll host them for you no problem, just need to organise it Smile

Re playlist, was thinking of pubilc ftp permissions on my old web page, I stick quite a lot of stuff up there - but probably quicker if not too big PM me with attachment (or I could send you my email address).

Re the position of the home bar, I was actually thinking of it while at work this morning. I don't use any addons on the home page and actually would prefer it lower, but I'd like to stay away from looking exactly like mad-max's mod. With the bar right up where it is I also don't think it's worthwile having fanart on the homescreen. Will leave this one up in the air for a bit and see what happens.

BTW your spelling can't be nearly as bad as mine Big Grin

Rethink - I hate it when you guys put ideas in my head Stare

How low do we go ??

ImageImage

Idea 1:/ shove the menu bar as low as we can, could then have homescreen fanart and addons above bar - for those that use them.

Idea 2 :/ menu bar initially shows low as option 1, then if user has addons bar will raise up to allow addons underneath (I like to complicate things, but probably the easier option all round)

Idea 3 :/ ??

P.S. Doesn't look bad low Smile does anyone think it should be up a little bit to clear the floor

I like the low menubar..as low as possible Smile does that mean there could be room for all 10 movies on screen at once?
and the same for albums and tv shows?
(2012-05-01, 13:43)Mrmills Wrote: I like the low menubar..as low as possible Smile does that mean there could be room for all 10 movies on screen at once?

Depends on the addons, how many people use them ? I for one don't.( Do we need them, could just go on the menu?)
Actually if I re-did the suggested/last items into a panel type arrangement, that would eliminate the bug where if there is only 1 item in the playlist - then it doesn't center but stays left

(2012-05-01, 13:55)Mudislander Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 13:43)Mrmills Wrote: I like the low menubar..as low as possible Smile does that mean there could be room for all 10 movies on screen at once?

Depends on the addons, how many people use them ? I for one don't.( Do we need them, could just go on the menu?)
Actually if I re-did the suggested/last items into a panel type arrangement, that would eliminate the bug where if there is only 1 item in the playlist - then it doesn't center but stays left

I wont miss the addons there, as you said they could go on the menu..
Hi Mudislander, Firstly thank you for a fantastic looking skin. Is it possible to have 2 home menu items both using xbmc-movies but with different names and source files and trackers? To explain this i have the usual movies using imdb which works great but also a lot of polish movies which i would prefer to group together (have a separate home button) and use filmweb. I set up movies fine but when adding polish movies it changed all the "movies" to the polish one as well. I would like to do this also for TV show ie TV Shows and Polish TV Shows, but expect the same issue. Apologies if this is a stupid question.
Hi There, Interesting idea but the problem you'd have is the 2 movies sources as this is now into xbmc core territory. the only way I could suggest is with playlists.
A thought you could try (bear in mind I've never done it) Set your Polish source, scrape it to get all the info, then export your DBase to seperate files. That will fill your source with all the nfo & tbn files. Then edit that source and tell XBMC not to check it for updates. Use a playlist to point only to your Polish source and put that on your home menu. Next set up another source for your English or whatever source and do the same thing.

As I said I've never tried it, if you search the forum for something like adding home movies (maybe) you might find someone whose done something similar.

Ok thanks well worth a try. Are you planning to introduce custom backgrounds as per confluence at some point?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Another Confluence Mod4