HD Audio on 2011 Macbook pro ?
Hi

I have decided not to buy a HTPC and use my 2011 i5 Macbook pro.

I bought a 10m HDMI lead, with 15m Ethernet and a Thunderbolt - HDMI, which claims HD audio.

But I cant get HD audio to show on my amp ,and I am new to XBMC, this is the first time I have used it.

My amp only shows DTS, even though XBMC is showing master audio. is there some sort of plug-in to enable this to a amp?

Amp is capable of DTS-MA and dolby true hd

Thanks guys and sorry if this has been asked before.
XBMC doesn't support HD audio in the stable versions, yet. Sorry.
Oh ok, well as VLC does not like to play these files either, and stutters all over the place I will stick with XBMC as all my videos stream perfect, but without HD audio.

@canada-
Check the guide in my signature under "How to bitstreaming......"
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well I got the XBMC for the audio setup but it don't support to it.
But I am afraid why the VLC is not supporting to this. Because I did my all work in VLC and it could be a Universal player...
(2012-04-24, 16:26)haree Wrote: Well I got the XBMC for the audio setup but it don't support to it.
But I am afraid why the VLC is not supporting to this. Because I did my all work in VLC and it could be a Universal player...
If you're trying to bistreaming DTS-HD/DTS-MA VLC, you will not be able to bitstream it.....VLC support only TrueHD....

For XBMC, you have to install the version in my guide "Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........", because XBMC released version don't support bitstreaming HD audio....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio on 2011 Macbook pro ? 0