XBMC Eden OSX crashing
Hi,

I have XBMC set up on a Mac Mini and have recently upgraded to Eden. Unfortunately XBMC now seems to crash regularly. These crashes don't happen when I'm using XBMC, they happen when the Mac Mini auto wakes / sleeps according to a schedule.

I have the Mac Mini set up in an unusual way, to wake up at certain times and to perform certain tasks automatically. I automate a lot of this with "sleepwatcher" to launch scripts on wake / sleep.

I'm not convinced that this is what is causing my problem anyway as when I disable these scripts, XBMC still crashes anyway.

Can anyone decode the OSX crash log? It's not something I'm competent with.

http://pastebin.com/jLMHNz4c

Thanks
XBMC is in the middle of a startup, "CWinSystemBase::InitWindowSystem", I bet you have the display turned off. Can you launch xbmc like normal with a display on ?
Yes, the display is turned off when the Mac boots up at 3am each day. XBMC works fine otherwise, i.e. when using it normally with the display turned on. I'll test it out, see if I can recreate the crash.
Davilla i have the feeling that we just are to old for that new use case with turning off displays or unplugging displays or just don't even connect one Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Same problem here -- XBMC Eden crashes when I try to launch it and the display is asleep, and I'm also on a Mac Mini running 10.6.8.

For now I've set it so my display no longer sleeps, but I'd love a fix or a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Eden OSX crashing0