• 81(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
The last few days I noticed a lot of my newly ripped movies don't get posters downloaded through the scraper. (Fanart does show up.) I haven't changed any settings, still have all default sites enabled, but suddenly posters no longer get downloaded. Do any of you recognize this? Is it a known problem?

(I haven't checked debug logs or anything, I simply guess one of the sites is down. :p)
Why can't I see the Keep Original Title option for TMDB?
How the IMBD votes get updated? As you all know the votes get changed over time, but how to update automatically?
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2016-11-27, 07:09)iMak Wrote: How the IMBD votes get updated? As you all know the votes get changed over time, but how to update automatically?

IMDB Update Addon
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-11-27, 14:15)wgstarks Wrote:
(2016-11-27, 07:09)iMak Wrote: How the IMBD votes get updated? As you all know the votes get changed over time, but how to update automatically?

IMDB Update Addon

Thanks, I will try it out when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
The ad-don works successfully on SPMC 16.4.2 on Nvidia Shield. However, as stated here at post #34 by the add-on creator that the votes are 1 week behind, so the votes you see in IMDB website might not be same as the updated IMDB votes in your KODI/SPMC.

Thank @wgstarks for providing the link.
Hi all, I have a problem getting the scraper to recognize short movies. A clear example is A trip To The Moon, from 1902 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0000417/ ). The movie is short at 13 minutes, but also a milestone of the history of cinema.

What I have is a scene release, it has its scene .nfo file and a movie.nfo containing only the link to the IMDB page. Yet it's recognized as some modern movie called "Trip To The Moon" and there's no way to fix it manually, not even typing the name manually in Kodi. None of the results from a manual search is the right one. I understand short films are an endless ocean of mostly obscure titles and I guess the scraper mostly ignores them to avoid false positives, but I think there should be a way to override all detections with a manual setup (which is what I thought the movie.nfo file did), or just a place in Kodi to type in an IMDB unique identifier.

Is there a special way to deal with this kind of situation, is there a specific addon I need or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance!
The only way I have found for short films that works for me is to put them in a folder named with the movie's imdb id.
I think you need to enable "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" in the source's properties.
If you don't want to have tt12345678 type folders in your database, you may put it in a folder with the actual movie name, and enable the "scan recursively" setting as well.
(2016-11-29, 22:21)nevernow Wrote: Hi all, I have a problem getting the scraper to recognize short movies. A clear example is A trip To The Moon, from 1902 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0000417/ ). The movie is short at 13 minutes, but also a milestone of the history of cinema.

What I have is a scene release, it has its scene .nfo file and a movie.nfo containing only the link to the IMDB page. Yet it's recognized as some modern movie called "Trip To The Moon" and there's no way to fix it manually, not even typing the name manually in Kodi. None of the results from a manual search is the right one. I understand short films are an endless ocean of mostly obscure titles and I guess the scraper mostly ignores them to avoid false positives, but I think there should be a way to override all detections with a manual setup (which is what I thought the movie.nfo file did), or just a place in Kodi to type in an IMDB unique identifier.

Is there a special way to deal with this kind of situation, is there a specific addon I need or am I just missing something?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have shorts enabled in the UMS settings? Search>Include all categories.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2016-12-01, 23:45)host505 Wrote: The only way I have found for short films that works for me is to put them in a folder named with the movie's imdb id.
[...]

(2016-12-02, 00:18)wgstarks Wrote: Do you have shorts enabled in the UMS settings? Search>Include all categories.

Thanks guys! I tried both your suggestions and both (individually) work. Smile Globally enabling all categories in the settings doesn't seem to be an ideal solution, so I guess I'll use one of these two solutions each time I stumble upon this issue.

So it the "folder name = IMDB ID" the official way to force a movie's detection? The movie.nfo thing is not something one can rely upon?

Last question about an unrelated topic, while I'm here: is there a problem with the persistency of the "Preferred Title Language From"? I keep it set to "USA/International" but sometimes the scraper acts like it's set to keep the original title. Thanks again! Smile
(2016-12-03, 18:32)nevernow Wrote: Thanks guys! I tried both your suggestions and both (individually) work. Smile Globally enabling all categories in the settings doesn't seem to be an ideal solution, so I guess I'll use one of these two solutions each time I stumble upon this issue.

Or you could create one subfolder within your movies folder (eg named "Short Films"), do a change content for that folder and set UMS to fetch info for all categories in the source editing panel.
I think that way only what goes in that folder will be appliable to this setting.

On a second thought I'm not sure (because of "scan recursively" setting), a safer way would be to move the Short Films out of the main movies folder and set ums for that folder accordingly.

Sorry if I confused, general note is that scrappers can have different settings for different source paths.
The scraper is too slow, any issues at the moment?

Sent from my iPhone
How can i get Universal Movie Scraper to add MPAA raring with out rating reason like "Rated R for strong language sexuality" . I just need MPAA rating as Rated R, Rated PG since the new parental control add-in "PINSENTRY" just not recognise the mpaa rating reason. It would be helpful if we get option to remove reason.

Much appreciate your help.
Tried to search through this thread for an answer bot could not find it.

I recently started using Kodi and have tried addin content to themovidb.com in order to make it better and more correct. I realised there are lots of settings for the scraper and I have tried to tweak them to get it perfectly!

But I am missing a few things.

1. I can set language to Poster but not to fanart? Since I cant, I always get the first fanart which always is in the wrong language for me.

2. I cannot keep original language on the title from tmdb, but I can from imdb. Is there any reason why? (messing up when trying to name files according to tmdb)

3. Would be even better if I could choose "keep original" language to posters and fanart also, and in second place use English

I guess these preferences are the same for many non-english born users. I would like Swedish movies to appear in swedish, all other in English (preferably, or in original language) and all descriptions and collection names in swedish (and english as alternative.

Well, I dont know if it is possible to make changes to setting files in my own computer to allow this or if it has do be done as a feature but if the latter then I would be happy if it was implemented!

Otherwise, thanks a lot for a great addon that makes the whole difference between just a file list and a complete Movie Library!
Incorrect year being scrapped

Hi
  • using Kodi 17 on nVidia Shield TV
  • fresh install from scratch.
  • Each movie is in its own folder with the year in the folder name (MOVIE - 1234)
  • Some movies correctly scrapped
  • But some movies scrapped as having the year 1906.
  • I can refresh each movie individually and it does correctly identify the year
  • but i have too many to update individually
How do I fix this? It was working fine under Kodi 16 with no issues Sad
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9