• 65(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2015-02-14, 23:10)olympia Wrote: It's was working for 2.5 years. Yes, it is a real shame on us we couldn't turn around yet after Rotten Tomatoes broke their API and we were not able to implement a new solution.

Please go back to the standard one and never look back.

Does this mean that the Rotten Tomatoes Ratings are gone from UMS for good?
That's too bad if that's the case...

Does anyone know of an alternative scraper/add-on that would be able to access the Rotten Tomatoes ratings?
Been using UMS for several years and hands down it is the best scraper; but I'm really not looking forward to using ratings from IMDB or TMDB.
No, it will come back eventually one way or another. I just need to find the time.
(2015-02-16, 15:06)olympia Wrote: No, it will come back eventually one way or another. I just need to find the time.

Thanks for the prompt response and update; I'll wait it out. It's hard-working people like yourself that everyone else benefits from. Time is a commodity and Kodi users such as myself definitely appreciate yours.
This is not gonna be an easy one. Previously we were scrapping from the Web. Now it is not possible anymore to lookup movies via IMDb ids on their web, it is only possible via their API. This wouldn't be a problem, moreover this would be preferable, but their API is volume limited. If we send all our queries via the same API ID to them it will stop working and reject further queries in seconds. Not sure yet how to overcome on this.
(2015-02-18, 15:49)olympia Wrote: This is not gonna be an easy one. Previously we were scrapping from the Web. Now it is not possible anymore to lookup movies via IMDb ids on their web, it is only possible via their API. This wouldn't be a problem, moreover this would be preferable, but their API is volume limited. If we send all our queries via the same API ID to them it will stop working and reject further queries in seconds. Not sure yet how to overcome on this.

Does this also effect NFO files using the imdb url?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-02-18, 15:49)olympia Wrote: This is not gonna be an easy one. Previously we were scrapping from the Web. Now it is not possible anymore to lookup movies via IMDb ids on their web, it is only possible via their API. This wouldn't be a problem, moreover this would be preferable, but their API is volume limited. If we send all our queries via the same API ID to them it will stop working and reject further queries in seconds. Not sure yet how to overcome on this.

What if you add imdb login options trough UMS, so that every user would just enter their imdb username and password (of course the users needs to be registered on imdb). Would that help the scraper to use different api id? I am just guessing cause I don't know how this api thing works on their site.
Don't get how this is related? We are talking about scraping from Rotten Tomatoes here. This has nothing to do with the nfo.
(2015-02-18, 16:11)olympia Wrote: Don't get how this is related? We are talking about scraping from Rotten Tomatoes here. This has nothing to do with the nfo.

Sorry. I misunderstood. Thought you were talking about a change to the imdb api. My mistake. I saw the earlier discussions about rotten tomatoes but just didn't make the connection.Smile
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi There,

Does anyone know how to fix it: im trying to rebuild my movie database using universal Movie Scraper but keep getting this message: "Unable to Connect to Remote Server". Any clue how to solve this?
I have problem in getting the ratings from rotten tomatoes the past two days , anyone has the same problem ?
The scrapers works fine and gets all the other data from all websites , but when i change the rating source to rotten tomatoes all i get is a *blank* rating .

I URGENTLY need some help , if anyone knows a solution please let me know .

Thanks
(2015-03-04, 01:07)astrix44 Wrote: I have problem in getting the ratings from rotten tomatoes the past two days , anyone has the same problem ?
The scrapers works fine and gets all the other data from all websites , but when i change the rating source to rotten tomatoes all i get is a *blank* rating .

I URGENTLY need some help , if anyone knows a solution please let me know .

Thanks

Start reading here.
Don't know if this is ok to ask here, but there's a short film on IMDB that I have in my collection but it's got the same title as a number of other films. The scraper picks up every variation of the title except the short. Is there any way around this ?
(2015-03-06, 11:32)ClemFandango Wrote: Don't know if this is ok to ask here, but there's a short film on IMDB that I have in my collection but it's got the same title as a number of other films. The scraper picks up every variation of the title except the short. Is there any way around this ?

Use an NFO file (wiki). Just needs to contain the imdb url for the short. After you create the nfo just refresh the video (if it's already in your library) and select No when the prompt asks if you want to ignore the local info.
Is there a possibility to include a RT user login so that an individual user of this scrapper can input their RT account credentials and subsequent API key, so the RT info can be scraped? I don't know how complex this would be to implement, just curious.

Thanks
(2015-03-06, 15:44)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-06, 11:32)ClemFandango Wrote: Don't know if this is ok to ask here, but there's a short film on IMDB that I have in my collection but it's got the same title as a number of other films. The scraper picks up every variation of the title except the short. Is there any way around this ?

Use an NFO file (wiki). Just needs to contain the imdb url for the short. After you create the nfo just refresh the video (if it's already in your library) and select No when the prompt asks if you want to ignore the local info.

@ClemFandango: although the NFO is the most straighforward way (I'd use it too), I am curious as to why UMS is not finding this short for you. Support for shorts was implemented by Olympia 2 years ago on version 2.1.7, so you should get it to work just by enabling "Include All Movie Categories" in the scraper settings. You have two options:

1) Put all your shorts (and other types of non full-length videos) in one source and have that source scraped by UMS with the "Include All Movie Categories" enabled. This with the purpose of not slowing down the search for the rest of the library in the other sources.

2) Leave "Include All Movie Categories" off by default for initial scraping, then turn it on, so that the remaining stuff (like shorts, etc.) can also be scraped on a second round when they were missed or incorrectly matched first time.

Good luck!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9