• 67(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
(2015-05-10, 15:50)hentai23 Wrote: so ever since the last update of universal movie scraper it started to to mess up on poster downloads , meaning if i scrape a new movie that ive added to my library i get a blank image instead of the according poster i do get the movie information thou , just no Posters or Fanart , please fix this, and unmarking imdb in settings doesnt help it

If you don't include a debug log (wiki) it's unlikely anyone will be able to find the problem with your system.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
i see , i thought this isnt an isolated issue but more people than me having this issue with the most recent update of universal movie scraper
Forgive me if this topic has been cleared, but i was wondering f there is any way to display both ratings from IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. Or is there a skin which does that. I am using a PC .

If someone is in doubt as to what I mean, i wanted something which shows movie info the way it shows up on google when you search -

"All the President's Men
1976 film
8/10·IMDb
98%·Rotten Tomatoes
4.5/5·Amazon.com
3.5/4·Roger Ebert
Two green reporters and rivals working for the Washington Post, Bob Woodward (Robert Redford) and Carl Bernstein (Dustin Hoffman), research the botched 1972 burglary of the Democratic Party Headquarters at the Watergate apartment complex. With the help of a mysterious source, code-named Deep Throat … More"

and so on...

Help would be appreciated, thanks!
Can anyone point me to the source code of this?
(2015-06-15, 13:46)Razze Wrote: Can anyone point me to the source code of this?

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tree/gotham
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-06-15, 13:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 13:46)Razze Wrote: Can anyone point me to the source code of this?

https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/tree/gotham

Thank you.

The trakt v1 api is going down on the 30th of this month so we might want to look at the implementation.

Edit: Is there any way to add headers to the scraper calls?
Is there a setting or method or mod/hack/change to the code that will allow you to scrape more than just the first 12 actors from IMDb? Frustrating to not see Charlie Sheen in Platoon or Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

Tried searching but couldn't find the key words as I'm sure this was asked before.
(2015-02-18, 15:49)olympia Wrote: This is not gonna be an easy one. Previously we were scrapping from the Web. Now it is not possible anymore to lookup movies via IMDb ids on their web, it is only possible via their API. This wouldn't be a problem, moreover this would be preferable, but their API is volume limited. If we send all our queries via the same API ID to them it will stop working and reject further queries in seconds. Not sure yet how to overcome on this.

Just poking my head in to ask if there's been any progress with this (Rotten Tomatoes scraping)? I'd love to have this feature back.

Thanks for all your hard work! Smile
Has anyone been able to scrape info for the movie Dogville? I've named it Dogville (2003) as names on IMDB and TMDB, but the universal scraper insists on searching for another movie called Dogville: The Pilot (2003) which is just a small unrelated short.

I've tried enabling "Include all categories" but it still scrapes the same movie, and changing from IMDB to TMDB results the same.
(2015-07-10, 06:31)sfredo Wrote: Has anyone been able to scrape info for the movie Dogville? I've named it Dogville (2003) as names on IMDB and TMDB, but the universal scraper insists on searching for another movie called Dogville: The Pilot (2003) which is just a small unrelated short.

I've tried enabling "Include all categories" but it still scrapes the same movie, and changing from IMDB to TMDB results the same.

I would create an NFO file. It just needs to contain the url from IMDB. Make sure you refresh the listing after you create the NFO file. You'll get a prompt that local info was detected and asking if you want to use it, select "Yes".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-07-10, 13:16)wgstarks Wrote: I would create an NFO file. It just needs to contain the url from IMDB. Make sure you refresh the listing after you create the NFO file. You'll get a prompt that local info was detected and asking if you want to use it, select "Yes".

Thanks, I'll try exporting my library first, checking if the files will be read correctly by the universal scraper and then import it.

All this just to find if the universal scraper considers Countries in a better way than the tmdb scraper.
Disabling "Include All Categories" in the scraper settings for that share should exclude shorts from the scraper results. Make sure you do it in the share settings, not the addon settings.
I'm getting cannot contact remote server with this. Anybody else? Have been using this successfully since the beginning.
(2015-07-17, 12:39)muzzakus Wrote: I'm getting cannot contact remote server with this. Anybody else? Have been using this successfully since the beginning.
Same problem.
Hello,

I wonder if you could help me, I have an issue with an nfo file. I installed the VideoExtras addon and successfully scraped a movie in its own folder with an extra in its own Extras folder. However, when trying to scrape another movie of the same set, with a videoextras.nfo file inside its folder pointing to the other Extras directory (shared extras), the scraping fails (no title, no cast, no crew, etc.). I suspect it's because the nfo file is interpreted to have information about the movie rather than the extras. If I remove the nfo file the movie is scraped properly but the extra is not associated with the movie. I understand nfo files are meant to be ignored when they don't have the same name as the movie file, but in this case the videoextras.nfo file is always picked up by this scraper.

Here's the videoextras.nfo file:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<videoextras>
    <directory>..\Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).DVD [en, es-lat, sub] [xtra]\Extras</directory>
</videoextras>

I store the movies in VIDEO_TS folders inside the movie folders, along with the Extras folders when they apply. However, just to make sure this wasn't the problem, I tested the scraper using a single movie file in a folder, rather than a DVD structure, and the problem persisted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9