[Release] Universal Movie Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-07-28 07:53)seftongillis Wrote:  Hello,

I wonder if you could help me, I have an issue with an nfo file. I installed the VideoExtras addon and successfully scraped a movie in its own folder with an extra in its own Extras folder. However, when trying to scrape another movie of the same set, with a videoextras.nfo file inside its folder pointing to the other Extras directory (shared extras), the scraping fails (no title, no cast, no crew, etc.). I suspect it's because the nfo file is interpreted to have information about the movie rather than the extras. If I remove the nfo file the movie is scraped properly but the extra is not associated with the movie. I understand nfo files are meant to be ignored when they don't have the same name as the movie file, but in this case the videoextras.nfo file is always picked up by this scraper.

Here's the videoextras.nfo file:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<videoextras>
    <directory>..\Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981).DVD [en, es-lat, sub] [xtra]\Extras</directory>
</videoextras>

I store the movies in VIDEO_TS folders inside the movie folders, along with the Extras folders when they apply. However, just to make sure this wasn't the problem, I tested the scraper using a single movie file in a folder, rather than a DVD structure, and the problem persisted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried creating a new "ignore" in advanced settings? Just a wild guess, but might work.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Helix 14.0/Aeon Nox 5.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
seftongillis Offline
Do you mean, an "exclude from scan"?

These are the excludes added by VideoExtras to advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<!-- VideoExtras: Section Start -->
      <excludefromscan action="append">
        <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
        <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
      </excludefromscan>
      <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
      </excludetvshowsfromscan>
      <!-- VideoExtras: Section End -->

It is with these settings that the scraper reads the videoextras.nfo file as having information about the movie. I wasn't sure what ignore condition to add, so I tried this:
Code:
<regexp>/videoextras.nfo/</regexp>

The movie is scraped properly but the extras are ignored.
find quote
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-07-28 21:56)seftongillis Wrote:  Do you mean, an "exclude from scan"?

These are the excludes added by VideoExtras to advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<!-- VideoExtras: Section Start -->
      <excludefromscan action="append">
      </excludefromscan>
      <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
      </excludetvshowsfromscan>
      <!-- VideoExtras: Section End -->

It is with these settings that the scraper reads the videoextras.nfo file as having information about the movie. I wasn't sure what ignore condition to add, so I tried this:
Code:
<regexp>/videoextras.nfo/</regexp>

The movie is scraped properly but the extras are ignored.
That should do the trick then. I think the VideoExtras addon uses a seperate scan. This is really just a work around. Not sure why UMS would pick up a file named videoextras.nfo.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Helix 14.0/Aeon Nox 5.5/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
seftongillis Offline
Oh, should have made myself more clear. I mean, the scraper scans fine but the extras are ignored by VideoExtras, so my problem is yet unsolved. I wouldn't know for sure, but this makes me think VideoExtras actually depends on the movie scraper instead of using its own.
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-28 22:33 by seftongillis.)
find quote
donkamillo Offline
Hi!

It seams that I can no longer scrape movies with the universal movie scraper. I tried to re-add a movie from a NFO file, but absolutely nothing happens.

In the log file I see always the same two lines after trying that:

Code:
14:11:31 T:140099370014720 WARNING: failed to load scraper XML from /home/mediacenter/.kodi/addons/metadata.universal/universal.xml
14:11:31 T:140099370014720   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Anyone have an idea what that might be? A debug log is here:

http://xbmclogs.com/pkc7k2ocd

Regards!
find quote