• 82(current)
Release Universal Movie Scraper
Is it possible to manually update movie infos and for those that are wrongly discovered (old polish movies) add ttXXXXXX as title in search box so the scrapper will find correct movie? I have real problems with movies form '50-'70 of XX century. Files have correct names and IMDB also have the same name for example "Kryptonim Nektar.mkv" and nothing found, "Ostatni Kurs" and "Last Cab to Darvin". I don't see way to manually set propper imdb id.
Lightbulb 
(2012-04-24, 15:15)olympia Wrote: release a new scraper, called 'Universal Scraper'
  • Currently it supports 3 sites: IMDb, TMDb, Trakt.tv and Rotten Tomatoes
The only scraper to support IMDb in Kodi 17 ?

Like many Europeans, I have a decade's trove of DVB recordings (legal; we pay both a TV tax and blank-media levy for the "privilege") made on VDR, weighing Terabytes and structured in one of the following ways:
Code:
/var/lib/video.00/Film/2014-12-17.23.20.35-0.rec/00001.ts 00002.ts index info
/var/lib/video.00/%Next/2009-12-27.20.12.50.99.rec/001.vdr 002.vdr index.vdr info.vdr marks.vdr resume.vdr
The latter typically being older recordings in the PES flavor of MPEG-2.

The recordings are stored in chunks of 2GB max. to ensure portability across file systems.

I.e. the structure usually in /var/lib/video.00 is like this:
Code:
video.0?
  %X-Men_Origins#3A_Wolverine
   2*.rec
    001.vdr or 00001.ts and subsequent

We have a hard time getting KODI to scrape these, cf. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216204 (http://www.vdr-portal.de/board60-linux/b...der-beste/, http://www.vdr-portal.de/board60-linux/b...anreichern, http://www.vdr-portal.de/board60-linux/b...it-fanart/, https://www.heise.de/forum/heise-online/...ng_3210315 for anyone actually inclined to read German).

To provide http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies#V...ning_a_URL, one daunting one-liner has been contrived:
Code:
while read -r r; do if [ ! -f $r/$(basename $(dirname $r)).nfo ]; then echo $(basename $(dirname $r)) >$r/$(basename $(dirname $r)).nfo; fi; done < <(dirname $(find /var/lib/video.00 -name '0*.vdr' -or -name '0*.ts') | uniq -u)
This aims to achieve something like described at the above URL: 'If you use the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" scraper setting Kodi will use the first nfo file it finds in the folder (other than the .nfo files described above) and apply it to any valid video file it finds in the same folder."
However without an easy API to get (out of bash, other than trying a two-stage grab of e.g. http://akas.imdb.com/find?q=Avatar&s=tt possibly without &exact=true, then RegEx to <td class="result_text"> <a href="/title/tt0499549/) the most likely deeplink from IMDb by (occasionally truncated) name, it can only write the latter rather than an URL into the NFO, which gets ignored in scraping:
A database full of movies misidentified to have "001" in their name is the result, and their 2GB chunks are not combined into one single KODI database entry (still no better way to fix the latter than advancedsettings.xml? E.g. in each NFO file individually for the respective directory since moviestacking will be path-specific!).

Can you recommend what (besides the name of the directory's parent) a minimal NFO written this way should contain in this case for Universal (or any other) Movie Scraper to get the contents (mostly) right?

On the other hand, Universal Movie Scraper might be taught to do its magic on these structures as well:
Underscores and escaped special characters you'll probably have a habit to ignore from other formats already.
Similar for the leading % which simply indicates advertising has been cut out.

info or info.vdr are descriptions similar to NFO which you may want to parse for this line:
Code:
T One particular movie's title
I.e. the title is:
Code:
grep '^T\ ' /var/lib/video.00/One_particular_movie/2*/info* | sed 's/^T\ \(.*\)/\1/g'
Some iconv may need to be applied where older titles aren't UTF-8 yet.
The Addon is not available in Kodi 18 repository.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
(2017-01-31, 14:53)freshmilk Wrote: Incorrect year being scrapped

[*]Each movie is in its own folder with the year in the folder name (MOVIE - 1234)

How do I fix this? It was working fine under Kodi 16 with no issues Sad

The best results I find are with the name of the Movie followed by a single space and then the 4 digit year encased in round brackets with no trailing spaces.
The are renamers that will fix you up pretty quick.

eg. (without the quotes) "The Maze Runner (2014)"

This format will work with both tmdb.com or imdb.com as movie scraper (as long as the year is same on both sites).
My first post here, because I can't get things to work they should (for me Tongue).

I went through my entire movies library and renamed them after the IMDB names, including the year. Also checked if imdb had a suitable filmposter otherwise I added one, which all have been approved by now.

Kodi recognizes most movies, but with some I do have problems with the imdb movieposter. I installed Universal Movie Scraper, but I can't set IMDB as the source for the movie poster in this addon.... Only options I can choose are fanart.tv or themoviedatabase. For lots of my movies, these two sites dont have a (correct) movie poster... Movie is being recognised (by imdb) in Kodi correctly, so is there any way I can set imdb as the movie poster source?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Go to those sites and contribute,
Add the missing movie poster.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2017-03-07, 06:06)TRaSH Wrote: Go to those sites and contribute,
Add the missing movie poster.

I already did that for loads of (dutch kids) movies @ IMDB, assuming this would be recognized by Kodi. So you mean I have to do this excercise completely again at another site?? No other options?
The scrapers get the fanart/posters from the other sites that you can find in the scraper settings not from imdb.

(2017-03-07, 11:20)TRaSH Wrote: The scrapers get the fanart/posters from the other sites that you can find in the scraper settings not from imdb.

But in a tutorial I've seen on youtube, it was possible to choose IMDB as movie poster source, thats why I started adding all the posters to IMDB. So that has changed and therefore is no longer an option?
Not sure how old that YouTube clip was,
I know there was a imdb scraper years ago.
But it got dropped,
If I'm not mistaking because it was a pain to keep it updated/working.
Perhaps in that time it was able to get the posters from them.
I can't confirm or deny it.

I just know that the scrapers get there info from the sites that are in the settings.

Scrapping from imdb on UMS is still there, and it's the default for the metadata that it supports on it.
It's just that posters isn't one of them.
It would be great if Universal Move Scraper could also grab individual ratings for themoviedb.org (add individual account name in configuration) and shows them next to the public ratings. What do you think?
Hi,

Why I get this error message?
This folder is created but it's empty : C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.universal\
So I don't think it relates to write permission or something

PHP Code:
18:14:51 T:5184   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Create Error creating C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.universal\
18:14:51 T:5184   ERRORXFILE::CDirectory::Create Error creating special://temp/scrapers/metadata.universal/ 
* These lines repeats a lot of times, one by one.

PHP Code:
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEspecial://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\aUser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache
18:14:15 T:7152  NOTICEThe executable running isC:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe 

Addon name: Universal Movie Scraper (My Addons -> Information providers -> Movie information)
Kodi 16.1
Windows 10, 64 bit
Administrator user

Thanks.
(2017-03-07, 11:20)TRaSH Wrote: The scrapers get the fanart/posters from the other sites that you can find in the scraper settings not from imdb.

OK, I've updated my entire collection and named it in order for tmdb to recognize the movies (tried it on their website).

But for some reason some of the kids movies still aren't recognized correctly. I only get to see a screenshot from the movie but no poster or something.

I tried the tmdb scraper and the Universal Movie Scraper with tmbd as a setting, and both no positive result. All my movies are in different folders (named after the movie) and the movie within are named exactly after they are listed on TMDB.

Some results that don't show any result in Kodi (17.0) although they do have a poster on the website of tmdb are:

K3 - Allemaal Beestjes
Bumba volume 1
Dobus - De Papegaai

And many more.... But about half of my 250 movies are showing the poster correctly...

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Mike
Not sure if this is a Universal Movie Scraper issue or just a random Kodi scraping issue. I use UM to scrape my library and then export to .nfo so I don't need to re-scrape constantly from sources if there's ever a problem with my database/system.

I have 1 title, Guns 'N Roses: Appetite for Democracy, which scrapes twice every time, no matter what I do. There is only 1 copy of this in the specified folder. 1 video file with the proper name and 1 .nfo for that file. Both instances in Kodi point to that one file and both play that one file. Yet it always scrapes as though there are 2. Even if I manually delete 1 of the instances and then re-scrape the main folder the second shows up again. I can't figure out why this is happening.

Anyone ever encounter an issue like this?
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper9