CDart xml file
Hi Ronie,

I've been using your skin for over a year/18 months now and it's awesome, but I've also decided to setup a second profile for the kids using a different skin (I'd prefer to have a password system in place when trying to view movies - something I've asked for in the feature request section - but nothing is available as yet unfortunately)

However, your skin seems to be the only one that doesn't require the cdart to have the surround cut (using GIMP or similar) i.e. with Transparency I get the following;

Whereas in Aeon I get this;

I actually realised this some months ago, didn't think much about it, but continued to download cdart from wherever knowing I didn't have to cut around the image too much unless absolutely necessary. As a result, I've got a pretty big library of cdart images that don't look that great on any other skin other (that I've tried) than Transparency!

My question is; any idea what code it is within your xml files that means the surrounds don't need to be cut away? I've had a look at the musicvisualization and inserts_workarounds files, but to be honest, I've no idea what I'm looking for!

I originally thought, if I could find out the valid code, I could put it into the other skins relevant xml file, but now I'm thinking maybe it's something the other skin developers might want to incorporate anyway, so that users won't have to tamper with the majority of cdart images that they download or aren't resticted to just using the sites like fanart.tv etc...

Any help on this would be appreciated.
the trick is to use a diffuse image on the cdart:
<texture fallback="disc.png" diffuse="disc_mask.png" background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,cdart.png]</texture>

and you'll need this image of course:
disc_mask.png
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2012-04-24, 18:50)ronie Wrote: the trick is to use a diffuse image on the cdart:
<texture fallback="disc.png" diffuse="disc_mask.png" background="true">$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,cdart.png]</texture>

and you'll need this image of course:
disc_mask.png

Cheers Ronie, very helpful as usual.

Got this to work for the main visualisation, will hopefully get it working for the main menu screen tonight - thanks for your help.
Many thanks again for your help with this Ronie - got the CDart showing in all views now, without the square showing.

Cheers
Could anyone help me out with this? I would like to do this same thing with Aeon Mq3 but have no idea what files to edit or where to put the disc_mask.png. I'm totally lost.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it all out. Looks awesome.
The "disc_mask.png" link seems to be broken.
(2012-06-09, 16:59)mrhyde1969 Wrote: The "disc_mask.png" link seems to be broken.

downloads fine here.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie

I've followed the instructions to remove the white edges and it works fine on Aeon Mq3 but I can't figue out how to do it on Aeon Nox - any chance you know how to remove the white edges on Aeon Nox like you showed above for Aeon Mq3. I would be really grateful as it will save me days of editing cdart files following the method on Fanart.tv

Thanks in advance
the code above is generic and will work in any skin.
Ronie

Thanks but I can't see where I need to put the code in as the xml file doesn't have the texture fall back line to edit - sorry nube to xml files and xbmc
(2012-06-10, 01:06)whitts1 Wrote: Ronie

Thanks but I can't see where I need to put the code in as the xml file doesn't have the texture fall back line to edit - sorry nube to xml files and xbmc

i'm not familiar with the aeon nox code, i'm sure someone in the aeon nox forum will be able to help you out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CDart xml file0