Is this normal? - Green screen for a second when starting video etc
Hello

So when starting to play a video with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" to ON
I notice that the TV first displays a green screen for 0.2 seconds, then shows osx desktop for 0.2 seconds then starts the video at 24fps. Is this normal?

I dont mind it if its normal, but i cant recall this ever happening on the windows side of things. Also the wives complain it isnt working right since its happening. sigh.

If i turn off "adjust display...." it doesnt happen, but then i get not smooth playback when panning etc.
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I guess seeing the green flash depends on your display device. On my previous tv it didn't happen but with the new projector it flashes green. Seeing the OSX desktop for a fraction of a second is more annoying though, seems to happen with both devices.
When the display is changed, default osx behavior is to output a black view. However, since the actual display setting is changed causing the display device to change it's output, results actually depend on our display device. Some will output a green image when it senses that output is changing. Nothing we can do here, move along, these are not the devices your are looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this normal? - Green screen for a second when starting video etc0