Prevent popup when library scan fails to contact metadata server?
I have a mythtv backend user job that uses mythicalibrarian to add TV recordings to the XBMC library (Eden release) and occasionally XBMC fails to connect to the TV database server when updating the library and it pops up a dialog notifying of the failure. This has a low WAF, and is extra annoying because if the popup is not dismissed within several seconds it causes the video player to freeze (audio continues) and XBMC has to be killed and restarted to fix it.

Is there a way to prevent this popup from happening when the metadata server is unreachable, or define a default behavior like have it automatically retry silently some number of times or even just fail silently? Even if it could just fail silently it will try again the next time a library update is triggered by mythicalibrarian, which would be acceptable.
Hey,
Try adding this in your advanced settings...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videoscanner>
    <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
  </videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>

Let me know if that helps Smile
Awesome, sounds like just what I may want. I will use it and see what happens. Thanks!
(2012-04-27, 00:16)mauibay Wrote: Awesome, sounds like just what I may want. I will use it and see what happens. Thanks!

No worries,
It should do what you need if I've understood your issue correctly Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent popup when library scan fails to contact metadata server?0