Mac Mini - PCM output only?
Have my Mac Mini connected to Pioneer VSX-1025K via HDMI.

Used to have DolbyDigital as the default when watching anything. Today for no apparent reason it's changed to PCM and will no longer allow changing to anything else.

only change was the latest OSX update. any ideas why this has happened (and what can be done) would be appreciated.
having exactly the same problem, updated mac mini to latest osx software

Now when watching music, I'm forced to pcm or stereo. i can't do pro logic music, or dts music, to spread the music to 5 channels.

i also tried updating to frodo, selecting hdmi 5.1 and then the correct settings, however when i play music inside xbmc i get a high pitched nose.

god damn it, xbmc is so broken on osx platform now
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I don't see any xbmc.log posted.
And latest is NOT a version, if you want any form of help, then you will have to supply exact details include xbmc.log. Sometimes I just wonder... we have detailed FAQs, we ask over and over for this info and yet this behavior continues. Guys, we are not sitting beside you, we can't read minds and the crystal ball is broke.
Have you checked the Audio setting in the Mini app? check its still on encoded audio as the HDMI output
figured it out this morning..

Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup

check the settings for the HDMI output. mine now defaulted to 8ch-24bit. changing it to Encoded Digital Audio brings back the Dolby choices on the receiver..
(2012-05-16, 00:48)cakeordeath Wrote: figured it out this morning..

Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup

check the settings for the HDMI output. mine now defaulted to 8ch-24bit. changing it to Encoded Digital Audio brings back the Dolby choices on the receiver..

Thanks for this info - much appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini - PCM output only?0