Unwanted switch to windowed mode and lower resolution
Hi,

As soon as you hit the wrong key on the keyboard and this happens quite often - XBMC switches to windowed mode AND lower resolution (the Windows resolution).

I learned about the backslach for toggling between windowed mode and full screen, however the resolution change is nasty as I have to go tot the settings menua to change it.

Is there any way to block XBMC from changing resolution except via the settings menu?

Is there any other way to solve this problem? Is this a bug? I cannot imagine the developers intended to introduce a resolution change upon hitting a random key?

Regards
Have you setup XBMC to run fullscreen at a different resolution than your desktop? Why is your desktop at a low resolution? When running in a window, XBMC does just that and runs in a window at whatever your desktop resolution is. In fullscreen mode it runs at whatever resolution you set it to run at in the settings. Sounds like it is behaving as it should unless I misunderstand you.
You have misunderstood me:

- XBMC is set to run in full HD, Windows is set up to run at lower res.
- When switched to windowed mode res changes to the Windows one => OK
- When toggling back to fulscreen mode the resolution STAYS in the lower Windows resolution instead of switching back to the settings I made in XBMC.

The reason I have my PC in a lower resolution is simple: I want to be able to work comfortably when I am not in XBMC. I do certain tasks like edit home videos etc. when on the couch, very comfy, but even though my TV is a 46" full HD is simply too small. Hitting a button with the trachpad in such resolution is very difficumt. I do want to run XBMC in full HD though because my eyes CAN clearly see the difference plus I view my movies on a 3m large screen with a full HD beamer.
(2012-04-27, 21:12)Streamerke Wrote: - When toggling back to fulscreen mode the resolution STAYS in the lower Windows resolution instead of switching back to the settings I made in XBMC.

The reason I have my PC in a lower resolution is simple: I want to be able to work comfortably when I am not in XBMC. I do certain tasks like edit home videos etc. when on the couch, very comfy, but even though my TV is a 46" full HD is simply too small. Hitting a button with the trachpad in such resolution is very difficumt. I do want to run XBMC in full HD though because my eyes CAN clearly see the difference plus I view my movies on a 3m large screen with a full HD beamer.
AHHH that last part is where I didn't follow you. I gotcha now. I can confirm it does do that. It appears XBMC needs to do a resolution change when it re-maximizes and not just on startup.
Feel free to post a bug report, and make sure you clearly define the procedure to replicate the issue as you did above.
I have the same issue with Frodo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unwanted switch to windowed mode and lower resolution0