Reverting to defaults?
I am a new XBMC user and am quite technical so it is a bit embarrassing/frustrating that I haven't been able to yet solve this problem of mine on my own. I've searched through the forum looking for an answer and haven't found one. Here is the dilemma.

I originally configured my XBMC to pull my media (movies) from a Windows server I have in my house via SMB. I then began re-organizing my files on the server as I wanted to have workout/yoga videos not in the main group of movies when we browse for something to watch. I created an additional video source in the Videos tab pointing to \\ROX\videos\workout videos. Then i realized that I would like to remove the original video source that I configured so that I could further segregate the movies and I can't seem to find the location for the where I configured the original source.

To summarize, the source for my videos is \\ROX\videos\movies, although when I first configured it I used a longer SMB path of \\ROX\mirror\videos\movies. I have looked in the videos tab and removed all the available sources and after I go to the Settings tab and tell XBMC to clean up the library it still shows a bunch of videos.

My options that I can see are:

1. Find the location to change the source of the "movies" library even though there are no sources listed in the videos tab.
2. Revert the XBMC back to defaults so I can reconfigure.

I am open to both of these options although I have been unable to complete either of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I find it does this as well when using clean library. I recently upgraded my NAS and the same thing happened. The easiest solution for me was to change the movies folder to a different names, then clean it. So on your network change your movies folder to something like: \\ROX\videos1\ then clean the library and as the folder \\ROX\videos is "not there" anymore it will delete everything.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
That worked! I changed the name of the network folder and cleaned up the library. Changed the name of the shared folder back and then rebooted XBMC and then added the source back. Did a scan, and now I have them all loading up just find and no more dups Smile!

I am still curious to know why XBMC was still pulling from the source even though there were no references to the source in the video tab, but in any case, it is all working now!

Thank you!
I think it is to do with the "media sources.xml" but yeah I wondered that, but that worked for me so oh well! haha
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
its a bug as it seems...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reverting to defaults?0