Win movie sets - what is the preferd way ?
(2012-04-29, 19:35)vikjon0 Wrote: The exact statement will vary dependning on how you plan to identify the movies.
I had all Disney on a separate folder.

I also created the set first manually (id =2)

Code:
insert into setlinkmovie
select '2',movie.idMovie from movie
left outer join files on movie.idFile = files.idFile
left outer join path on files.idPath = path.idPath
where strPath like '%- Disney%'
and movie.idMovie not in (select idMovie from setlinkmovie)

Woo, so fast. Thank you very much!!!!
I'll give it a try. Mayby i'll write a little util for that.
It strange, i didnt find a way to assign movie to a set from the xbmc itself.
Quote:Mayby i'll write a little util for that.

I had the idea to base the sets on folder structure. I.e. make up a naming standard to enable a sql script to create and assign sets based on folder name. E.g. "Disney [SET]" or what ever. If a improved versoin of my script runs every 5 minutes it would automatically assign sets.
You would have to manually sort the movies on disk of course, but any system would need to know your wishes somehow.
(2012-04-29, 19:57)rami.shaked Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 19:35)vikjon0 Wrote: The exact statement will vary dependning on how you plan to identify the movies.
I had all Disney on a separate folder.

I also created the set first manually (id =2)

Code:
insert into setlinkmovie
select '2',movie.idMovie from movie
left outer join files on movie.idFile = files.idFile
left outer join path on files.idPath = path.idPath
where strPath like '%- Disney%'
and movie.idMovie not in (select idMovie from setlinkmovie)

Woo, so fast. Thank you very much!!!!
I'll give it a try. Mayby i'll write a little util for that.
It strange, i didnt find a way to assign movie to a set from the xbmc itself.

works great !!
(2012-04-29, 11:33)vikjon0 Wrote: I changed like 100 disney movies directly in the database. requires one to know sql though

...or with a smart playlist. That way it doesn't need to be done again when more movies are added.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
  <name>Disney Movies</name>
  <match>or</match>
  <rule field="path" operator="contains">Disney</rule>
  <rule field="studio" operator="contains">Disney</rule>
</smartplaylist>
(2012-04-29, 22:36)sialivi Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 11:33)vikjon0 Wrote: I changed like 100 disney movies directly in the database. requires one to know sql though

...or with a smart playlist. That way it doesn't need to be done again when more movies are added.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
  <name>Disney Movies</name>
  <match>or</match>
  <rule field="path" operator="contains">Disney</rule>
  <rule field="studio" operator="contains">Disney</rule>
</smartplaylist>
Yes it can be done.
I dont like it because i dindnt find a way to see the playlists quickly from the home screen ( you should press librery...)
The XWMM remote manager will let you change/manage sets. It does have a bit of weird focus/update issues, but works great for managing sets (and editing other things).
(2012-04-30, 05:46)rami.shaked Wrote: I dont like it because i dindnt find a way to see the playlists quickly from the home screen ( you should press librery...)

Most better skins allow for custom buttons on the home screen. Typically, those can be assigned to open playlists.
(2012-04-30, 11:06)Chokladkakan Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 05:46)rami.shaked Wrote: I dont like it because i dindnt find a way to see the playlists quickly from the home screen ( you should press librery...)

Most better skins allow for custom buttons on the home screen. Typically, those can be assigned to open playlists.

What is your recomnded skin? (i'm using the default)
Practically every skin I've tried will do this. Personally I use Xperience1080 in my bedroom and Simplicity in the living room.

If you need help making the home screen buttons, I'm sure people will help you in the corresponding threads.
(2012-04-30, 19:31)Chokladkakan Wrote: Practically every skin I've tried will do this. Personally I use Xperience1080 in my room bedroom and Simplicity in the living room.

If you need help making the home screen buttons, I'm sure people will help you in the corresponding threads.

10x Smile works great !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie sets - what is the preferd way ?0