Win movie sets - what is the preferd way ?
hi,
using xbmc 11 on windows7.
i have all my movies in aseperate folders (from different sources), every folder have the same name like the movie (name (year)).
now i'm using the xbmc database to store all the metadata of the movies (don't use nfo files).
i want to arrange my movies into movie sets (eg - children, docomentry, .....).
i know how to do it one by one from the web interface, but it will gone take me houres (choose one -> change the movie set -> save ...)
1. is there another quick way to do it ?
2. i read that ot can be done with nfo files using the moviedb scraper, but in m,y case i need my country scraper (e.g torec or sratim).
3. is there a way to set movie set wheb i add a single movie to the library ?

e.g i already read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

HuhHuhHuh
I think themoviedb scraper adds sets automatically
(2012-04-28, 17:31)sialivi Wrote: I think themoviedb scraper adds sets automatically
10x, this is why i dont want to use it. i want to use my own movie sets
Try this addon for managing movie sets:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

Edit: seems the OP has tried that. And it sounds more like the OP wants to view movies by genre, not necessarily movie sets.
If you only need very generic sets like the ones you mentioned, Children and Documentary, Smart Playlists might be an option. Allows you to create custom filters. "Children" for example could be a smart playlist that shows all movies with a genre that's either Children, Family or Animation and has an MPAA rating of less than PG. This way it's totally automatic yet gives you a lot of control.
(2012-04-28, 17:56)gabbott Wrote: Try this addon for managing movie sets:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=60643

Edit: seems the OP has tried that. And it sounds more like the OP wants to view movies by genre, not necessarily movie sets.

i tried that tool, it's good but you have to set every movie one by one....
(2012-04-28, 17:56)sialivi Wrote: If you only need very generic sets like the ones you mentioned, Children and Documentary, Smart Playlists might be an option. Allows you to create custom filters. "Children" for example could be a smart playlist that shows all movies with a genre that's either Children, Family or Animation and has an MPAA rating of less than PG. This way it's totally automatic yet gives you a lot of control.

hi,
i'm not l;ooking for a playlist use. movie set is deferent way to manage the movies
(2012-04-28, 18:15)rami.shaked Wrote: hi,
i'm not l;ooking for a playlist use. movie set is deferent way to manage the movies

Playlist is a bit of a misnomer, it actually returns a set matching your parameters which you can browse like a set. It's essentially a dynamic set.

(2012-04-28, 18:15)rami.shaked Wrote: hi,

A smart playlist can potentially do what you are looking for. Read up about how a smart playlist works before completely writing it off as a solution.

If you are looking for more of genre type based filtering it is a much better option than implementing movie sets in that case.
Quote:10x, this is why i dont want to use it. i want to use my own movie sets
So use your own...it will overwrite the scraped.
(2012-04-29, 09:36)vikjon0 Wrote:
Quote:10x, this is why i dont want to use it. i want to use my own movie sets
So use your own...it will overwrite the scraped.

This is why they invented the SET field.
I'm looking for a tool or method to change the set field in the movie db for mor then one movie at a time.
I changed like 100 disney movies directly in the database. requires one to know sql though
Use the XWMM Web Interface Add-On. I was going to write up how I did it but this is close enough:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33873/con...ovie-sets/
(2012-04-29, 13:10)rakers8 Wrote: Use the XWMM Web Interface Add-On. I was going to write up how I did it but this is close enough:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/33873/con...ovie-sets/

Hi
Thanks, i already know that toil. The problem is that u have to do so for every movie
Im looking for somthing that can assign many movies to set in s single action
(2012-04-29, 11:33)vikjon0 Wrote: I changed like 100 disney movies directly in the database. requires one to know sql though

hi,
just installd sql spy, it looks like the db is stright forword.
can you please guide me with a way i can assign more than one movie to a pre made movie set ?
i saw a table that have the movie linked to the movie set.
The exact statement will vary dependning on how you plan to identify the movies.
I had all Disney on a separate folder.

I also created the set first manually (id =2)

Code:
insert into setlinkmovie
select '2',movie.idMovie from movie
left outer join files on movie.idFile = files.idFile
left outer join path on files.idPath = path.idPath
where strPath like '%- Disney%'
and movie.idMovie not in (select idMovie from setlinkmovie)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie sets - what is the preferd way ?0