HTPC build help
Hi Folks,

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks but haven't wanted to post until now since I am making myself very confused. I, like so many others here am looking to put together a small, dedicated HTPC. I've read Esko's guide which helped me figure out the level 7 is the build for me. My question is this: Since I am not a gamer and will use this exclusively for streaming hd and sd content from my home network would the Llano APU's be the best fit or should I wait for the new Trinity APU's to arrive? I had talked myself into the A8 3870K chip, but would the A6 APU be just as good for video?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am excited to get started building the machine but want to make sure that I get the right parts from the start so that I won't have to upgrade for awhile.
follow this build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009
(2012-04-28, 19:55)hantra36 Wrote: Hi Folks,

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks but haven't wanted to post until now since I am making myself very confused. I, like so many others here am looking to put together a small, dedicated HTPC. I've read Esko's guide which helped me figure out the level 7 is the build for me. My question is this: Since I am not a gamer and will use this exclusively for streaming hd and sd content from my home network would the Llano APU's be the best fit or should I wait for the new Trinity APU's to arrive? I had talked myself into the A8 3870K chip, but would the A6 APU be just as good for video?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am excited to get started building the machine but want to make sure that I get the right parts from the start so that I won't have to upgrade for awhile.

go with this build http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009 everything is laid out for you.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
+1 lagledavid, same link i posted lol
(2012-04-28, 20:02)eskro Wrote: +1 lagledavid, same link i posted lol

yeah i think we were posting at the same time u the man
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build help0