Multi Episodes in One File Help!
Okay, I understand MOST about putting multi-episode files into XBMC, but there's one thing that isn't right about it. I've gotten cartoons like Rocko's Modern Life that have 2 'episodes' according to TVDB that are in one 30 minute sitting. Personally, I think this is ridiculous. One episode has two stories, but they're all within the same episode. ANYWAY, my file is the entire 30 minute show with both episodes on it. I've labeled the files accordingly "Rocko - 01x01x02.avi" or whatever and XBMC recognizes this. I've went in and put an Episode Bookmark at the correct place too. It's all fine, except Episode 1 still plays BOTH episodes. Episode 2 starts where it should and does it's thing then when it's over it goes back to the menu, but Episode 1 plays through episode 1 then when it gets to the new episode bookmark it just keeps on going with all of episode 1's info. Isn't there any way for it to stop when it gets to the bookmark? It just seems kind of half-assed to have this feature that 'separates' episodes but it still can't stop the file from playing over into episode 2. Maybe I'm a minority with this issue, but it makes categorizing multiepisode cartoons very difficult. Other than that I've loved everything about XBMC and it's very likely that it could just be me not understanding something obvious, but I've looked and looked for an answer to this and I can't seem to find one! So is this something that I just have to live with? I mean more than likely if I started an episode from the theme song I'd want to see both parts to the credits, but I just don't like that the info doesn't even switch over to the second episode.
I'm not sure whether any of the core devs have an itch that needs scratching here, but I'm sure a patch would be considered. It could perhaps be hooked up via the end offset attribute which is supported by the audio player (paplayer). This would need to be extended to the video player (dvdplayer). In addition, this would perhaps solve the watched status flag for episode 1?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm having the same problem with Phineas and ferb and Jake and the never land pirates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Episodes in One File Help!0