Extract Thumbnail and Video Information Crashing Eden in Movie Library
After upgrading to Eden from Dharma (using Lucid in both cases), I noticed that every time I tried to access the Movie library XBMC crashed. However, since I was using the Night skin, and since 99% of my movies are HD, I just hid the movie menu and instead used the Movies HD menu (which I believe just uses a smart playlist). Anyway, this set up was working fine, but it started to bother me that it wasn't working 100% the way it should, because... well because I'm like that - I'm sure many of you are the same. So I figured to hell with it, and I installed XBMCbuntu and created the library from scratch. After all that, same problem (irrespective of skin). Checking the log, I noticed that it crashed after trying to examine information for some videos. So I disabled Extract thumbnail and video information and voila! problem solved. Except, it's not really solved, just identified. Has anyone else run into this, or is it unique to me? I should note that I host the database on a server and have 2 completely different machines sharing the db and that both exhibited this problem. So, any ideas?
You'll find the same files fail to play as well. Identify the files and move them out of the way. Hold onto them in case a dev wants them to help reproduce/fix the problem.

The Debug Log will show which file(s) it is - look for an extraction that starts but never completes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Because I'm new to finding thinks in the log can you give me a more detailled hint for what I have to look for. I already tried to search for "extract" with the XBMC Log Analyser in my Log file, but I didn't find anything.

Greets,
Sasa
Then post your Debug Log for others to see using xbmclogs.com and link to it from here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extract Thumbnail and Video Information Crashing Eden in Movie Library0