Recommended upgrades
Good evening

I have recently got hold of and old computer which has been laying around. Unfortunately it's not quite up to spec with a 9200 ati card and 1gb of memory. Basically I need to upgrade the mb processor and card.

I would be greatful of any recommendations for all three. My case fits standard atx so no problems there, I'm aiming for reasonably quiet low power with seamless play and as cheap as possible.

Any recommendations would be welcome and please accept m apologies for such a messy post. I am writing from a phone.

Jamie
It depends on your budget and on your goals.

you can keep the case and the psu and replace anything else - or you can use it as-is e.g. as a cheep NAS by adding some drives (and if necessary sata controllers). If power consumption is an issue - you maybe really need to replace the mobo/processor. If you want it as a htpc - well it depends on your display - do you need HD / BR or are you fine with SD content? In any case a recent cheep graphics adapter can boost your PC. And last but not least - what OS are you going to use? Linux has much less HW requirements than W7.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommended upgrades0