Linux Weird vocal track echo
I have the XBMCfreak.nl 11.04 Dharma ISO installed on an Acer Revo R1600. My home theater setup consists of the Revo, a Panasonic 50" Plasma display and a Pioneer VSX-521-K receiver with 3 channels (front left and right and the center channel). I am running the NVIDIA 295.30 drivers and ALSA 1.23.2. I have HDMI set as the source for audio output and plughw:0,3 set for the device and passthrough settings. I have boost stereo downmix, AC3 and DTS options enabled on the Audio Output settings in XBMC.

The problem I am experiencing is that 10 to 20 minutes into a video, I hear a muffled echo of the vocal track on the front left and/or right speakers in a 5 to 10 second delay. It sounds like someone is in my basement carrying on a conversation but is actually the exact vocal track of the video I am watching. I don't know what I should post here as far as logs or what would help as far as logging goes so what I am asking for is suggestions for things to try to resolve this issue. I am certain the issue is with the receiver because if I set the receiver to direct stereo, the problem goes away but only the front left and right channels are used which detracts from the overall experience.

Can someone please give me some suggestions on what to look for or what logs to post in order to track down this issue? Sorry about the lack of helpful information as I am a bit of a newb. Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird vocal track echo0