Linux [SOLVED] Mounting NFS Share
Hey all,
I am having a nightmare trying to get my NFS share mounted in XBMCbuntu.

My NFS server is on my Drobo and works perfectly with my Mac, I mount it using this command:

nfs://10.0.1.33/mnt/DroboFS/Shares

And it mounts all the available shares on my Drobo, easy. When I run the same command on XBMC, it states it cannot connect. I ran the logs and got this:

Quote:17:26:34 T:12704048 ERROR: Failed to open(//) opendir call failed with "NFS: READDIR of // failed with NFS3ERR_NOTSUPP(-22)"
17:26:34 T:12704048 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://10.0.1.33/mnt/DroboFS/Shares

I've googled it but I can't find anything useful about what error 22 actually refers to, or what is "not supported" as the error suggests. My exports file on the Drobo looks like this:

Code:
/mnt/DroboFS/Shares 10.0.1.0/24(rw,all_squash,insecure)

The XBMC box is running on IP address 10.0.1.39 and is definitely on the same subnet as everything else. All the settings match up fine with those on my Mac that connects to the share without issue.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong here?
Thanks!
post a full log via pastebin with debugging turned on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
http://pastebin.com/yFirAck2
Bump! Any ideas?
no clue - check that portmap is running on the server and have a look in the server logs about any nfs connection errors.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I was worried that might be the answer. I just managed to mount it from the terminal using autofs so I may just use that instead. I'll post back if I get it working either way.
For anyone interested, I used this guide to set up autofs through the terminal:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Autofs

Then I just added the Mount points as sources in XBMC and it plays back flawlessly. For those with a Drobo FS, there's a great guide on setting up the NFS droboapp here:

http://obasandbox.wordpress.com/2010/07/...r-the-mac/

On a side note, my boxee box detected the NFS share automatically so it could be a bug in XBMC or potentially the Drobo NFS implementation just isn't compatible with XBMC. Either way, the autofs route works just as well.
I bet boxee got the nfs code from us Wink
Haha, it wouldn't surprise me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Mounting NFS Share0