Image slideshow: advance image while zoomed in
first i would almost call this a bug but on the image slideshow you have to be fully zoomed out before you can advance to the next image with the triggers.
i lots of times see something small and interesting like someone's face and want to zoom in on it before advancing to the next image. its annoying to have to zoom out to do this.

second it looks like you cant be doing any analog input while zooming in or out. being able to zoom around while moving with the stick is very intuitive though and it feels clunky to have to return the stick to the neutral position before zooming.

third you should be able to zoom in 3 levels by quickly tapping the zoom button 3 times. as it is now input is locked out during the zoom transition and so you have to wait on each tap for the animation to proceed.

fourth there is no setting to disable transitions (logically a transition time of 0ms). this should be an option

fifth i dont think the blend function behaves very nicely. transitioning between two very similar images image should appear to have little change in luminence but there is a dimming of the whole picture during the transition.
i am assuming you are using additive blending with some non-linear transition func?
using a linear one like
(1-t)x + ty should be fine or you could make it a little fancy with:
[0.5 + 0.5*(e^(-t) - e^t) / (e^t + e^(-t))] x +
[0.5 + 0.5*(e^t - e^(-t)) / (e^t + e^(-t))] y
which will ramp up into the change and ramp down out of the change.
neither of these will dim with additive blending or am i missing something?

-ast
first: agreed - will look into it.

second: yes, this is correct. in order to pickup a button press, you must not be moving the sticks. this is simply due to the order in which events are processed - the stick events are processed first, and thus the other events are not handled. will think about replacing this with a single stick/trigger event, and a single button press event.

third: works fine at my end. punch 3 times on zoom, and it'll zoom to level 3 faster. time taken to do the zoom is the transistion time. perhaps this needs to be changed to a constant instead (ie a second max or something).

fourth: should be doable - will see if the code will handle it (ie divide by zero stuff)

fifth: the blend is linear, and works by fading in the next image (altering alpha from fully transparent->opaque linearly) then fading out the current image. the blend on slideshow should be perfect. perhaps you are referring to the blend when changing images using left/right?

cheers,
jonathan

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

just checked the fade on press left/right, and it is incorrect (fade time out for first pic != fade in time for second pic). fixing now.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ june 24 2005,11:49 Wrote:just checked the fade on press left/right, and it is incorrect (fade time out for first pic != fade in time for second pic).  fixing now.
that's great to hear jon! thanks for looking into this :bowdown:

-asteron

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image slideshow: advance image while zoomed in0