Shared library metadata and movie information
Hi everyone, longtime follower and user of xbmc. First post here (never ran into an issue I couldn't find previously solved)

First off my setup is this:
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS running xbmc 11.0 Eden
Fileshare with samba (not sure of version, but its working)
Shared library via MySQL

Windows 7 64bit running xbmc 11.0 Eden

my advancedsettings.xml file:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<pathsubstitution>
      <substitute>
        <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
        <to>SMB://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xbmc_data/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
      </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx refers to the local IP of the Ubuntu box

The library sharing works great and I have full resume capabilities between machines and all of the thumbnails show up almost instantly (hooya gigabit ethernet)

The problem is I cannot figure out how to view the metadata for the movies on the windows computer. I am not sure if it is even being transferred correctly between the machines as I don't see much in the logs. When I press the 'i' key nothing happens and nothing is logged.

Has anyone run into this problem yet or know of a solution?

edit: I know the metadata is there because I can sort my library by year, studio, genre, etc...

Thanks in advanced

Cam
For some reason the info window won't pop up when you press the i key unless you have the same sources (just the ones used in the library) and have "set content" on them to say that they contain movies or TV shows.
(2012-05-03, 04:46)Ned Scott Wrote: For some reason the info window won't pop up when you press the i key unless you have the same sources (just the ones used in the library) and have "set content" on them to say that they contain movies or TV shows.

Good call, I shared the sources using the library sharing guide guide and all is working now.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared library metadata and movie information1