External player with no xbmc dialog box
Hi all
I am trying to play music videos in a separate screen (hopefully) docked on monitor 2 (hd tv) and still have xbmc active on monitor 1 and queue up more songs ect while it is still playing. I have it so that it defaults to wmplayer for music videos and it opens and plays but one or two songs then comes up with "click ok when playback has finished" and I can't queue anymore songs until I click ok.

Is there a workaround for this or a setting I can change?

Thanks for helping
There isn't a way to change this. XBMC will only play one thing at a time, so it has to wait until the video has finished, even if it's in an external player.

You can work around this by having a batch file as the external player. The batch file can use the "start" command to launch the external player without waiting for it to finish. That way XBMC will think the external p;layer has finished and allow you to do something else.
Hi jhsrennie,
Thanks for the reply Smile I have investigated the batch file as you suggested but had trouble with it not knowing the end of the music video and thus not starting the next one and / or it launching another music video etc.

I really appreciate your help, but I think my best bet is to go down this path http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129135 to achieve a dual screen music player. Unless you can point me in another direction? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player with no xbmc dialog box 0